 Trains / 22026
Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:35:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Erik Bush wrote:
Hey,

Like I said earlier I really like your model and I was wundering if you will
be posting any mpg's or avi's of your model moving so that we can see all the
moving parts?  Anyway that was just a thought.

Erik Bush

Hi Erik,

I can certainly take some video files of the engine running ... unfortunately,
my digital camera only captures them in .mov format.  Is there a freeware
program for converting from .mov (quicktime) to .mpg or .avi?  Alternatively,
does anyone have something like this, who would be willing to convert a handful
of files over?

Thanks,
-s

Hey Shaun,

Sorry but I don't know of any software/freeware that will do that.  Anyway...I
wouldn't worry about the file being .mov (quicktime) because most people can
veiw them (including me) so just put a link to the file so we can download it.
If you find a file converter later then make another link to the .avi or .mpg
file, then there will be an option for which type of file we would like to view.

Thanks,
Erik Bush