 Space / 21167
  Dragonstar!

"And he told me no more big ships. Dan Jassim you are a big dirty liar..." - Jon Palmer Yes, I am! :) (URL) moderation... (URL) Close-up detail pics coming soon. Interior construction will begin after Brickswest. Please stay tuned... - Dan Jassim (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) You know, I have periods of time in my life where I think I should branch off into other genres. And then I say to myself "Self?" (Which is what I call myself) I say "Self? Could you do any better?" And of course I'm forced to reply "No, not (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Yeah, but what a way to be a liar! You're gonna give all the other ships an inferiority complex, Dan! I might not like the yellow much but the rest of it rocks hard. Tell your wife you need to watch the kid more...you obviously have far too (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Now THAT'S how you unboxify a box! but is it swooshable? ;) Allister (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Now THAT is a ship! :B Just put it on my background at work. Dan, you rock. Everything on this ship screams attention to systems detail. I can literally see where things should be inside this one. And your gun turrets get better each year. This is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

OMG! That Ship is the bing paddly ding ding dow!!!!!!! Check! Out! the bedelly pow ding dang with the Big gundanggadangs and wit the OMG check the oh look at the wow the Then on the top it has oh cool OMG, check! the! front with how it has OMG! das (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Ding, ding....SHIP school is in! Dan, somehow are able to think on a large scale and put these beauties together like most of us try with minis. Aside from...well, everything that is completely incredible about this, I like the added bonus of some (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

While I don't condone lying... Awesome! Keep it up! Marlon 'Excelerator' Smith X_LR8R@hotmail.com "Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HA2yvK.16u@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Well I'm glad your a liar. There's not much I can say that the others haven't said already. Excellent work. Jamie www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Let's remember the moral of this story folks, FOLs who build big and say they aren't going to do it again, lie. Sometimes intentional, sometimes not, but they lie everytime they say "never again." And dag gumb it, God bless em! Woof, double woof. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) it's great to see you back in the macro-scale creation game. This is an amazing ship. The external detail and consistency of the color scheme is really something to behold, and I love the way the two vents at the rear "anchor" the hull. Do the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Dan, You humble us. We tremble before the Dragonstar. Great job Dan. I can see how this flows from your previous work, and this new greebly surface is excellently cool. Keep buildin' em spacey! Chris <>< (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Ooh, WOW. I love what you did on this. The textured surface, gentle slopes, color, and greeblies are all great. You are the master of big long boxes! The big intakes and fins and machinery sticking out of the side work really well to make the ship (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Umm...gee those are some really big guns. :^) Sweetness. Dragonstar...is it inspired by the carrier ship from the internet game of the same name? -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Is it just me, or was this ship inspired by Space Battleship Yamato? Great MOC, can't say much more than has already been said. Purrrrrrrr... Take care, Soren (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Simply amazing as usual! Another work of art from Dan. Can't wait to see some pics of the inside. :) Adam (...) << snipped >> (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

*kneeling* Dan you are an inspiration to us all! Please continue to make bigger, badder, better ships. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Great job Dan!! Just to be critical, if that engine is just a bunch of colored bricks, you should change it so it lights up. Something this big needs working lights. And while on the subject of lights, have you considered stocking up on the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Wow Dan wow. You've inspired me to get off my butt and finish this: (URL) . And I really love how your big ships all have the same style, they look like members of the same fleet... (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Hey, yer makin' me choke on my Nerds candy! The color scheme works incredibly well & all the greebly detail rocks! Will the little yellow & gray fighters be dragonFLY's ? ;) The forked front & small winglets & bumpouts on the port & starbord (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

nothing more to be said...just admirable! thank you Dan for building and sharing - keep it up! regards from Switzerland Thomas ---...--- (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  inspiration

(...) look look....what do I see..? wanna have some more! thomas ---...--- (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Thanks to all of you who posted replies! I truly appreciate it. :) Sorry I have not posted back yet. I'll have more time later and I'll try to reply to your posts individually but I just wanted to say thanks for now. Dan (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

first off.. beautiful! I'm a big fan and this only re-emphasizes my fan-dom. 2ndly: could i make a humble request? Perhaps a shot that is 'straight-on'? I'm interested in how you made the bottom, and what appears to be an interesting design (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

"Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HA2yvK.16u@lugnet.com... (...) I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that I think you can do better. I understand this might get me flamed to oblivion but I personally think (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) I agree with Jon, although I would instead say that I think you could "build different." I think the ship looks darn fine, but it is rather similar to Gibraltar. I know you dig on Star Blazers, so that's cool... but I'm just not blown away by (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Good god! Every capital ship you make is better than the last one! Excellent work! I think it is safe to say that Earth will be safe from evil lego space invaders thanks to your fleet. ;-) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Any new MOCs, Mark?

Mark, Glad to hear your back! I have'nt heard anything about you in a while, so I was getting a little worried :(.I wrote you a while back, and you said you had some stuff for after the holiday season. Just wondering when and if we'll get to see any (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

OMG! I just looked at it again! It's mind numbing! plus it's the biggity bomb bad! OMG! OMG! Its the ding dang dow! SHIP school is in session! OMG! OMG! I can't wait to see in person! OMG! OMG! Drool Drool. Pant Pant e Dragonstar - Dan Jassim (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Man, I was beginning to think I was the only person who was thinking this. I've been puzzling for a day or so just exactly what I wanted to say about the Dragonstar, and I still haven't worked it out. It is very clearly a "Dan Jassim Cap Ship" (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(URL) Dan Jassim As Randy from American Idol would say "Dan, Dan, Dan, You're doing your thing." (my wife makes me watch it.) (really!) It's awesome. I agree with the others that say it looks like a revamp of some of your early work. Where I differ (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) [...] (...) That's _really_ nice detailing. Makes me realise I've got to try a lot harder in the detailing department. One question: is that retractable landing gear? Cheers, Paul (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: inspiration

(...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hey Jon, thanks for the input. This ship is in the same fleet that includes Gibraltar and Regent. Thus, any resemblance to those ships is 100% intentional. It’s the same general box design, same use of base plates, same placement of the bridge, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Dan, from one **big** boxy ship builder to another, I still think it rocks. And yes, I do see marked improvement from both the regent and gilbraltar to this one. I do agree with the points made by Mark and Jon, in reference to the fact that there (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) Then again, LEGO has a long tradition in compressing designs to keep piece counts down. Consider this to be the cap ship version of the 4 wide car, if you catch my meaning. The fact that Dan's managed to get a ship this size to convey the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Hang in there, dawg. Just a few more days! :) Dan (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) <snipped> Thanks, Gil. With each creation, I try to give everybody something cool to look at and hopefully draw inspiration for their own creations. I've drawn a lot of inspiration from the creations of my fellow spaceheads... truly a great (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks, Mark. (...) <snipped> A big gun. The lighting comes from my mini MagLite. I do have LEGO lights but they're currently in other models. If I can get my hands on a few more, then I'll go all-LEGO. Dan (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks, Lindsay. (...) Thanks. No, the landing gear are currently just exterior mounted stands for now. I may adapt them into functioning landing gear but the rear ones will have to be slimmed down. (...) The bridge interior is complete and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) <snipped> Thanks, John. (...) No Bricklink orders for me yet. I still get my bricks the old fashioned way though. I'm lucky at sniffing out the good sales and clearances, and Target is the best after Christmas. Dan (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Any new MOCs, Mark?

(...) Well I had been planning some stuff, but then we got caught up in selling our house. All my LEGO is packed up at the moment, and I move in two weeks. I plan to dig it all out soon after setting up camp at the new place. I even have a new (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Well, it's SUPPOSED to look similar because it's part of the Space Force fleet that includes Gibraltar and Regent, all made by the same imaginary military design bureau at some imaginary shipyard where all of Space Force’s starships are built. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Agreed. Though don't let this collide with constructive critisism. -JHK (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes: <snip novel> Hey man, don't take it personally. I definitely see what you're saying about it being a "ship of the line." Peace, ~Grand Admiral (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes (...) snip (...) Hi Dan! Glad to see your new ship, sorry I didn't post earlier, I've been kinda busy last couple days. This is a good thing to get out in the open... and I see the points on boths sides. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) here, for those that haven't seen it before: (URL) is the ship I was referencing. cheers! Jk (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hey Joel, I appreciate your post and your take on what was said or implied, and so forth. I feel bad that you felt you had to “defend” Jon. That implies that I’m on the offensive when I’m just trying to respond to comments that I didn’t really find (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hey Dan, First off, I am so glad to see you're still around and active in building. That alone makes my visits to LUGNET that much better. :-) Secondly, this MOC is one hell of an amazing accomplishment. I'm seen your skills grow at an incredible (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Aiyeet. (...) Word is bond, yo. D (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  More on critiquing, was Re: Dragonstar!

now that this is boiling down somewhat, I'd like to offer this: We just went through this is .mecha I offered some helpful tips on critique here: (URL) forgot something in it though, I didn't discuss the one being critiqued. We have to realize that (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Thanks for the reply man. Just as long as you know none of my comments were a personal attack, then we're straight. [ j o n ] -- (URL) Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HA6Cx1.3wA@lugnet.com... (...) includes (...) same (...) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

WhOa!!!! You've inspired me! I think I'm gonna build sumfin now too... *thinks and plans* Wes (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Dan, Rock on, man! Just build what you want, and remember: There aren't any rules!!! She's a beauty, and must have taken a hell of a long time to design and build. I'm more than impressed! Keep up the good work. Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Note to Curator on Scale

(...) dude this rocks it should go on the .space crash course imho :-) -paul (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Critiquing and Dragonstar

(...) my 2 cents on the way here (-paul) 1) despite any criticisms, we really gotta admit that it takes a lot of time and effort and thought to even do something as "simple" as putting a fat yellow line around a really big box. Dan deserves much (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Dan, First off, I've got to commend you on your amazing work. I'm still relatively new to MOC's, having mainly a modified X-wing and a box of a moonbase attempt to show for it. I want to thank you for showing me why I should keep on trying. Because (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Wow. The cool things you can miss when your not paying very much attention to .space lately. Silly me. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Critiquing and Dragonstar

(...) I'm not really sure what you're saying here, Paul. I've already heard that my MOC is "boxy" and "exactly like Gibraltar except it's yellow." Maybe you should clarify (or not). Dan (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) Well if you assume minifigs are average human height you would get 3 studs to 1 meter. I think that is what most people go by. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks, Chris! :) I'm hoping to do some more greebling, this time on the underside. I've never really did much with the undersides of the previous big 'uns since they just had big ol' baseplates. I just need to stock up on some more 6 X 16 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Hmmm, I hadn't heard of that. I'm not much of a video gamer anymore. I just was trying to come up with a cool sounding name. First I looked online through a bunch of mythological names of gods from different cultures. I found a bunch of cool (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks Kirby! (...) That's funny that you suggested that because I wanted to do that. The only problem is the lights are in the Nasal Avenger :( The other thing I tried was using 2X2 trans neon cylinders instead but I just don't have enough. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) But the gist of my previous post is that if you translate that vertical measurement into the horizontal it's not quite right. For best accuracy, one must use and exxagerated scale (ie. vertical scale is different to horizontal scale) Besides, (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Dude, you GOTTA show me how you made those gun turrets! Email me some pics at least. I was toying around with a 3 barreled turret (Yamato style) but it seemed too wide on this model. (...) Thanks. That's the idea :) Dan (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

"Matt Krotzer" <thematt@comcast.net> wrote in message news:HAA85M.Dnr@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) work. Ok I need to respond to this. Ever since my criticism there have been a few posts which I feel have been directly related to me, but you've (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Heh! (...) Thanks! Well, no fighters this time but you've given me an idea... Fighter drones. I haven't fleshed out the underside yet but maybe I'll create a couple of unmanned fighters that attach to the underside. (...) The big opening in (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) I hope you didn't take me to mean I was dismissing your logic, I was simply stating what most people (or so I assume) go by. Of course upon further thinking I realized someing. Most Lego cars are 4 studs wide just like the doors. That really (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) So do you keep your ships built up? How many of those big honkin' ships do you have assembled at any one time? Any chance of a group photo? Man, that'd just make me fall off my chair. (I realise the N.A. isn't a big 'un, but it did get me (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) I'm honored. Thank you very much! (...) Sure, I'll try to get a head-on shot of this model. I should've taken one to begin with but I wasn't thinking. The underside isn't complete yet. I intend to make it fully detailed and with few surprises (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Oh, do I wish that too man! But sadly I don't have THAT much Lego. The closest I've ever came to something of a group photo is this... (URL)Man, that'd just make me fall off my chair. Heh! Well, I do have a number of other models still (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) Hehe. And most houses released by Lego scale to about the size of my bathroom. I think we all realise that LEGO takes certain liberties with accuracy in the name of playablilty and piece count, and that's ok. I was talking, as was Jon at the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thank you, Paul. (...) No, it's just for looks right now. Actually, I'm considering making retractable gear but I have to get more parts to redesign the underside. The only reservation I have is that, if I were to focus more on realism, I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) mock-up. I'm gueesing from the consistent lighting it's the former. (...) Some of my favourite ships. I really like the way you use the quater saucer sections. The abundance of them in my collection is almost entirely down to you, you know. :) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks, Mladen! (...) Thanks again. I try my best because I've drawn so much inspiration and simple enjoyment from the work of fellow LUGNETers, spaceheads especially. (...) I see what you mean. For the most part, my intent was to use tan as a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thank you, Matt. I'm humbled to be able to inspire and I encourage you to build, build, build! :) (...) I agree. Like many of the .space posters here, I feel good when I'm able to make something that sparks the creative fire in others. It's a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hi Dan, I have browsed through your amazing creations on Brickshelf. Again this is a very nice ship. Have you ever concidered creating your "smaller" models in LDraw? That would be great! Jaco "Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> schreef in (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Feedback thoughts

(...) (I have changed the subject line because my post has nothing to do with Dan) I'd hate to see a feedback regression now. Besides, if someone doesn't care what anyone thinks about their work, why the heck are they even bothering to post (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) This has been brought up before. There are those who like to see many responses to their posts, and there are those who prefer quality responses over quantity. Likewise, there are those who prefer criticism and those who just want approval. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) I personally use the 1 stud = 1 foot scale (or 3 studs = 1 meter). Sure, it means that my minifigs (even the female ones) are built like linebackers, but it's easy to convert. And I think that is the reason why so many people use it, if they (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) <snipped> Very well said on everything, Joel! :) I would add that we should not equate "honesty" solely with serious or critical remarks that border on being terse and inflammatory. I'm sensing an attitude shift in this group toward (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Awesome ^^ I wish I had something useful to say, but I bet everything has allready been said. I really like the landing gear, I love it when big ships have landing gear. :) -Bennie (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) <Cartman> Shut up Dan, nobody likes you. </Cartman> To be perfectly honest, yet not terse nor inflammatory, I think you are getting pretty worked up. You've received many positive remarks, and a couple minor negative ones. Despite Jon's (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale (was Re: Dragonstar!)

(...) I prefer a larger scale too, for the same resaon: (URL) Dave E's excellent analysis of the subject: (URL) J (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Hey all, Just catching up on this thread. Busy non-Lego stuff lately. Turned into bit of a lurker. Just three comments I want to throw in: 1) See my post in the sub-thread on Feedback Thoughts. (URL) Dan, I must have missed the other ships in the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) I agree. I've had some very useful 'honest' feedback that gave me a lot of great ideas. But I've also seen some responses in which the critical remarks are often like this: 'Sorry, I just don't like it.' This is very unuseful, since the person (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Critiquing and Dragonstar

(...) I'm just saying that when any artist spends a lot of time and energy and skill doing something, you have to give them credit for that even if you don't like the end product. There's lots of paintings I don't like, but I would never want the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) First off, let me say that your Dragonstar is a great ship. I love the color scheme. The detailing is expertly done. The bridge looks great, especially with the big round window. I can see that there are quite a few differences from and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) Note to self: Don't post late at night on no sleep. Note to everyone else: That wasn't what I meant to imply at all, nor did I intend for a whole conversation about the merits of constructive criticism to spring up in response to my measly (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) hi Dan, Well, I obviously agree that 'honest' doesn't equal being terse or inflamatory. If you got that from reading my comments, I really didn't intend that. I think you are applying this thread exclusively to your feelings reguarding (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) ok, thanks for clarifying... I hope you can see why I thought that's what you meant. (...) okay... wait. Only one person in the whole thread made a negative comment without making equally positive comments first. Go look at the responses... if (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) I do agree that people do need to be more expressive on LUGNET pertaining to the way that structures are built on here. Joel is indeed correct here with his choice of words. As for conformity and elitism, however, I can sense the people who (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Jon, I admire your enthusiam and leadership in the .space world, and your views are usually VERY thought-provoking. But I hope you'll allow me a small indulgence here. In your original reply to Dan's post you wrote as your opening line: "I'm going (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

Alright... you made your point. Guess I read them with a different tone in my head... dunno. Hope we can just let this drop now... I'm thoroughly tired of discussing it now. On the bright side, I can now say that my first post to Lugnet at least got (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

"Matt Krotzer" <thematt@comcast.net> wrote in message news:HAC3oz.A99@lugnet.com... (...) tired (...) Hey seriously don't worry about it. You're very welcome here. Please don't stop posting now. [ j o n ] -- (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

"Tony Alexander" <tw0nst3r@startrek.net> wrote in message news:HABy5s.LHy@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> I stand by everything I've said, but I totally see what you mean. I won't bust out with the critisism or blunt statements right out from now on. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) <snippage> (...) I can see Jon's point, but by the same token I can see refinements to the structure that are obviously lessons learned from _Gibraltar_ et al. The problem is that Dan hasn't yet detailed the interior, so we can't get a really (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) Conformity and elitism...hmm, this doesn't sound good at all, but I too, have noticed to to a degree. I understand seniority in any forum is inevitable, but it seems to me whenever a lurker hits the scene and showcases a finished model, it (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) snip (...) of the Rings project, I was thinking of doing a western in Lego, and might do it in black and white. I hadn't reallized that in addition to giving it an "old" feel, it would also give me total freedom in using odd color schemes to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Dan, I just want to say how much I love your stuff. It's all so big, and creative, and ... (...) Please forgive me. When is Brickwest? I really want to see interior pics! Also, I do have a question ... how do you build the EXTERIOR, without building (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Argh. I'm sorry, can't figure out how to edit my post. Dan, had a question for you: (URL) this picture, behind the crewman ... those pieces you're using for, I assume, a refigerator or freezer ... where did you get them? I've never seen that piece (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks, Jeffery! (...) Brickswest was back in February. Wow, has it been that long? Well, I'm still working on Dragonstar, which has undergone some significant exterior improvements as well. Hang in there and sorry for the delay. (...) So far, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Those are from a Spaceport set from several years ago, #6614 Launch Evac 1. The set is a small fire/rescue-type vehicle and it comes with 2 of those door pieces. --Dan (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Actually it was part of the Launch Command line, which was Spaceport's predecessor (and was much better, as its "launch pad" set had a STS orbiter rather than a ridiculous three-stage shuttle with tiny black wings and no boosters or fuel tank; (...) (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

(...) Thanks for your answers, guys! I need to dig out some of those pieces for the Okizaki ... anyone happen to know what category it would be on Bricklink? Those things would make for some pretty cool cargo containers. Jeff Benson (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Jeff, The parts you are looking for are Window 1 x 4 x 4 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dragonstar!

Dan, Wow. Simply wow. Words fail. One remains. Wow. John (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Any new MOCs, Mark?

(...) Mark ... I love your starships. I'd love to see some more capital ships from you. (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)