 Space / 21285
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:35:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic writes:
Hey Dan,

First off, I am so glad to see you're still around and active in building.
That alone makes my visits to LUGNET that much better. :-)

Thanks, Mladen!

Secondly, this MOC is one hell of an amazing accomplishment. I'm seen your
skills grow at an incredible rate over the past few years. You should be
very proud of yourself, not only for your MOCs, but also for inspiring
others to embrace .space with more passion and vigour.

Thanks again. I try my best because I've drawn so much inspiration and
simple enjoyment from the work of fellow LUGNETers, spaceheads especially.

Constructive Criticism: While I can understand why you had to use the tan
(no yellow equivalents for certain elements, or perhaps shortage of yellow
pieces near the 'final run'), I think it detracts from the consistency of
the colour scheme. Of course, this is just a personal, and minor quibble.

I see what you mean. For the most part, my intent was to use tan as a
"dirtied yellow" of sorts, like it had faded in certain spots or caught the
light in certain way. I was going to go tan/yellow with the underside but
now I'm thinking to go with more gray. I guess the tan only looks like dirty
yellow when it's right next to yellow. Anyway, thanks for the input. I think
I'll stick with the tan but keep it mixed with the yellow and just reduce
the random tan pieces that aren't near any yellow.

Dan