 Space / 21244
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:08:20 GMT

Hey Dan,

First off, I am so glad to see you're still around and active in building.
That alone makes my visits to LUGNET that much better. :-)

Secondly, this MOC is one hell of an amazing accomplishment. I'm seen your
skills grow at an incredible rate over the past few years. You should be
very proud of yourself, not only for your MOCs, but also for inspiring
others to embrace .space with more passion and vigour.

As for this new MOC:
I love the weaponry, simply amazing IMHO. Each model you build get
progressively more detailed, and IMHO (again) functional looking. By this,
I'm referring to the weaponry and greebles. I love those side-angled
missiles on the Dragonstar, they look a lot more imposing, and realistic,
than a cluster of trans-red/green/whathaveyou 'laser' cannons. I also notice
that the rear, engine area of your ship is a lot more detailed than on
previous ones, 'tres kewl'. The ventral mounted short-range missiles look
deadly and 'useful', as well.

I also like the overall form of the ship, despite what certain people say
about it being 'boxy'. The bridge in particular is nicely integrated with
the rest of the ship, in addition to having a wonderful, curved shape
itself. The colours work for me too; in fact, I think I prefer the yellow
over many of the other tertiary colours you have used in the past.

Constructive Criticism: While I can understand why you had to use the tan
(no yellow equivalents for certain elements, or perhaps shortage of yellow
pieces near the 'final run'), I think it detracts from the consistency of
the colour scheme. Of course, this is just a personal, and minor quibble.

Thirdly, and finally, I don't think you should get worked up about Jon's
comments too much (I'm not taking sides, FYI, BTW). Look at how many replies
you received for this MOC, 27 (including this one)! That is in and of itself
an incredible achievement for any builder, and something you should be proud
of, as well. Heck, you even got a positive reply form [1] Paul Baulch, so
you gotta be doing something right!

Take care,

Mladen Pejic

[1] j/k... Paul's cool... he's got mad buildin' skillz, and that's why his
comments (positive OR negative) should be heeded carefully... :-)

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes:
-snip-

Enjoy!

After moderation...

Note: Close-up detail pics coming soon. Interior construction will begin
after Brickswest. Please stay tuned...

- Dan Jassim