 Space / 21227
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:51:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Dan!  From one big honkin' ship builder to another,
  it's great to see you back in the macro-scale creation
  game.

Thanks, Lindsay.

  This is an amazing ship.  The external detail and
  consistency of the color scheme is really something
  to behold, and I love the way the two vents at the rear
  "anchor" the hull.  Do the landing gear really retract?

Thanks. No, the landing gear are currently just exterior mounted stands for
now. I may adapt them into functioning landing gear but the rear ones will
have to be slimmed down.

  And how does it open up?

The bridge interior is complete and accessible via removable top. However,
no pics yet. The main interior is exposed via removable upper deck. It will
be hogged by the engines, reactor and main weapon. Space is very limited so
this ship would only have a crew of a dozen people and is heavily automated
(inspired by the Andromeda from Star Blazers).

  Is there a (gasp) story to
  come, and will it contain the joy that is the Adaloid
  Fleet?

  So hey, don't be such a stranger!  (We need more Captain
  Ahnee, too!)

I'll try my best. I have a pretty good storyboard halfway done.

Dan