 Space / 21272
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 06:06:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kirby Warden writes:

Great job Dan!!

Thanks Kirby!

Just to be critical, if that engine is just a bunch of colored bricks, you
should change it so it lights up.  Something this big needs working lights.

That's funny that you suggested that because I wanted to do that. The only
problem is the lights are in the Nasal Avenger :(  The other thing I tried
was using 2X2 trans neon cylinders instead but I just don't have enough.
Same problem with trans orange. So for now it's all 2 X 4 orange bricks as
with the previous ships. But this sucker will be around for at least a few
more months and by then I'll score some more trans 2 X 2 cylinders. I'm
leaning toward trans neon yellow for this one because it looked cool with
just the cylinders I had.

And while on the subject of lights, have you considered stocking up on the
Lego fiber optic "cables" and using them to add lights to specific details?
Been waiting to see it done on a large scale ship and with your apparent
piece selection...

Same problem, they're in the Nasal Avenger. I dunno, I'll mess around and
see what I can come up with. Thanks for the suggestions!

Dan