 Space / 21237
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:04:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Personally, I'd like to see you make a capital ship version of one of the
Queen's ships. I think that would rock.

Dude, there’s a lot of stuff I’D like to build that I’ll eventually get to
as time and Lego supplies permit, but there’s only so much I can do. Of all
my peeps, I think you can appreciate that the most. And I’m concerned about
the direction this thread is going, mainly because of Jon’s comments, not
yours. We’re better off steering away from encouraging others to build what
WE want to see and, instead, encourage them to build whatever they want,
however they want. The minute we start putting rules on this or that,
standardizing lugnet.space with “what-is-what” and “who-is-who,” we’ll
defeat the whole purpose of this group and become a bunch of boring,
conformists and elitists. Then I’ll be only MORE inclined to be stranger,
not because of limited time but out of genuine disgust. To anyone: If you
want to see more ships so-many-studs-long, at such-and-such a scale, then
build it yourself. In MY Lego universe, I AM GOD, just like everyone else
here. So build whatever and however you want, that should be the only rule
to follow. Break all the others.

Agreed.  Though don't let this collide with constructive critisism.

-JHK