 Space / 21275
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 06:15:43 GMT

"Matt Krotzer" <thematt@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:HAA85M.Dnr@lugnet.com...

<snip>

   Don't sweat the criticisms... because in the end, they're not really
important. After all, if you're happy with your own creation, then that's
all that matters. I'm pretty sure you, like most of us, got into building
because you enjoyed it, not because of what other people thought. It would
be kind of silly to worry about what they thought now, wouldn't it?
   In closing, I'd just like to say: Great model. Keep up the excellent
work.

Ok I need to respond to this.  Ever since my criticism there have been a few
posts which I feel have been directly related to me, but you've specifically
brought up some points I need to address.

Criticism does not = I hate your work, you suck, I want to make you feel
small.

It does = I love and care enough about your art that I want to reply with my
opinions on how you can possibly make it better.

OBVIOUSLY what matters most is how the creator/builder/artist feels about
their work.  But when you go past that, if you totally reject all criticism
then in my opinion you're "creating" in a vacuum.  This is a personal issue
with me.  I believe my art is best formed alone, isolated by influence, but
this can only take it so far.  I love community interaction and feedback,
and I think my art (whatever it may be) benefits from it.  I think the
perfect solution is a balance of solitary creation and community support.
To me it completes the equation.

Quoting you: "Don't sweat the criticisms... because in the end, they're not
really important."

Don't worry about them, don't sweat them...but don't discredit them.  It's
taken .space a while to get over the "That rocks!" post syndrome, and even
though this thread has been rocky at times, I don't think we need to go back
now.

[ j o n ]
--
http://zemi.net