 Space / 21207
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HA2yvK.16u@lugnet.com...
"And he told me no more big ships. Dan Jassim you are a big dirty liar..."
- Jon Palmer

Yes, I am! :)

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that I think you can do
better.  I understand this might get me flamed to oblivion but I personally
think this looks exactly like Gibraltar except it's yellow.

I agree with Jon, although I would instead say that I think you could "build
different." I think the ship looks darn fine, but it is rather similar to
Gibraltar. I know you dig on Star Blazers, so that's cool... but I'm just not
blown away by it.

Man, I was beginning to think I was the only person who was thinking this.
I've been puzzling for a day or so just exactly what I wanted to say about
the Dragonstar, and I still haven't worked it out.  It is very clearly a
"Dan Jassim Cap Ship" design, which in and of itself is a marvelous model.
But like Mark and Jon have said, this design path is one that you've been
down before.  While the greeblies and details are extraordinary, the overall
shape is still, to me, uninspiring.  It's a big rectangle.  When in the
scale of the Gibralter, it's fantastic, but as it gets smaller, becomes much
more noticable.

It's so hard to critique such a nice ship, but there you go.  Maybe it's
much more impressive in person and I'll have to revoke all that I have said
after Brickswest :)

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com