 Space / 22835
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:28:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson writes:
Dan,

I just want to say how much I love your stuff.  It's all so big, and
creative, and ...
... and gorgeous!

Thanks, Jeffery!

Please forgive me.  When is Brickwest? I really want to see interior pics!

Brickswest was back in February. Wow, has it been that long? Well, I'm still
working on Dragonstar, which has undergone some significant exterior
improvements as well. Hang in there and sorry for the delay.

Also, I do have a question ... how do you build the EXTERIOR, without
building the interior as well?  I don't mean to sound impertinent, it's just
something that strikes me as odd (I am a virgin of large spaceship
construction at the moment).  Wouldn't it be easier to build both exterior
and interior at the same time?

So far, I've found it easier to build the shell first and then add the
interior. Usually, I have everything planned out in my head as far as
what-goes-where. I try to visualize the location and space needed for
certain interior sections, like engine room or cargo bay, and then it's just
a matter of building around what will later become that section of the
interior. But for certain sections, like the bridge, I build the interior
and exterior at the same time.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for your post! :)

Also -- I REALLY love the Nasal Avenger!!!!

Thanks!

--Dan