 Space / 21219
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:43:49 GMT

Hey Jon, thanks for the input. This ship is in the same fleet that includes
Gibraltar and Regent. Thus, any resemblance to those ships is 100%
intentional. It’s the same general box design, same use of base plates, same
placement of the bridge, turret guns and so forth. Check out the impulse
thrusters in back on either side of the fuselage. They’re nearly identical
to Gibraltar and Regent. Check out the lateral thrusters…exactly the same.
And the same “Wave Motion Gun” style cannon in front with the castle
battlements, too. So I’d like to think your comment that “it looks exactly
like Gibraltar except it’s yellow” is a compliment to my ability to build
within a theme and certain style. Well, you didn’t mean it that way but
that’s the way I see it. Thanks anyway.

I happen to think this ship offers a lot of improvements within this
building style. It seems that others have noticed some of those
improvements. Maybe you might want to give it a second look but if not, hey,
no problemo. I just hope you’re not expecting too much from me, bro. This
stuff ain’t easy. There’s only so much one can do with so many Lego bricks
and certain pieces. The rest is left to the imagination and acceptance of
the viewer. So dig it, don’t dig it, whatever works for you.

Peace out,

Dan