 Space / 21344
Re: Dragonstar!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Daniel Jassim" <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HA2yvK.16u@lugnet.com...
"And he told me no more big ships. Dan Jassim you are a big dirty liar..."
- Jon Palmer

Yes, I am! :)

   <snippage>

Regardless of anything negative I have to say, it is a beautiful ship and
it's masterfully built-- and if you want to build in this style forever
that's totally cool.  (you're also a .space stranger so anything you make is
generally welcome)  I just think you can push yourself harder.

   I can see Jon's point, but by the same token I can see refinements to
   the structure that are obviously lessons learned from _Gibraltar_ et al.
   The problem is that Dan hasn't yet detailed the interior, so we can't
   get a really good look at what he's done; in my opinion, the interior
   was where his other creations really showed off the full measure of
   his inventiveness.

   As for pushing oneself, I get the impression that he's doing it by
   degrees--as Dan himself said, it's meant to be part of the same fleet--
   but if you look back at _Gibraltar_ you'll see the evolution.  I'm
   the same way; I improve by a few degrees on each creation.  They may
   look outwardly similar, but something new is always present.  I'd
   bet the same is true of _Dragonstar_.

   Jon may be right that Dan can push himself harder (and those great
   Adaloid starships really show all the cylinders firing), but the intent
   and purpose behind this MOC didn't call for a sudden and radical break
   with everything made before.  And hey, just as you pointed out, that
   doesn't take anything at all away from the feat.  Best to reserve any
   judgement until you've seen the inside.  :D  (No pressure, Dan!)

   best

   LFB