 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *6659 (-100)
  Re: king-o-da-hill

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:HBJy4E.1JC@lugnet.com... (...) Iain (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Maybe a better way to put it is, I don't want this thing to become like Calvin-Ball: (URL) three minutes only if you need them all. But you'll have to declare it at the start of the day by standing on a chair and singing "Copacabana" by Barry (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Well, part of the game is dealing with a 3 minute game time. Your suggestion is to be able to "fast forward" this game time if no one uses it as as strategy option is commendable, but confusing for a change this late in the game. Calum (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

NEVER mind... Calum and i just had a heated discussion and he talked me down from the edge. he suggested that 4 days before an event is too late to make ANY changes. he agrees that we could have a boredom problem if 2 robots use the same time delay (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

1. Don't we run these contest for ourselves not the audience? 2. Just because TV has given kids an attention span of less then 3ns doesn't mean we should cater to it. 3. There is no point 3! 4. If people can watch Formula One for 2 hours and nothing (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) I have no idea what you mean by the latter sentence. BOTH robot owners have to agree to give up together. If you have the robot with something at 2:30, obviously you don't agree to draw. Boring? I suppose so. (...) Not at four days away from (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) OK, but what if I have a bot that gets to the top in the first 10 seconds, and just drives around looking.. then 2 min 30 sec later your robot decides to makes its great move... thats a GREAT strategy, but boring to watch. this scenario nulls (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

I agree with Calum. If the two combatants can mutually agree on the outcome before 3 minutes is up then the match can be called early. Otherwise let it run the full three minutes. Derek (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

(...) Let's not change the 3 minutes (it's been in writing for three months now), but if both designers agree nothing is going to change after a minute as Steve says, then yeah. Now if I have a super offensive move played at 2:53, the game should (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: king-o-da-hill

this just came in from Steve, and seems like a good compromise... other ideas floating about. Over all, any time limit changes should only affect a small part of programming. not a major redesign of your robot. ---...---snip---...--- Chris, Here's (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  king-o-da-hill

OK, it was a good weekend for me (robot building wise) for the first time ever i built a robot, THEN I built a "fake" test robot that is nothing more then 4 motors and 4 wheels and a bulldozer blade. designed to test the weak points of my robot. As (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: corner or down the side

(...) I haven't built one. (...) I can't go because I have drill that weekend. :( (...) Now that's really cool. (...) Tie is good, but I think the PUNK KID(TM) will show up anyways, and give you a very hard time!! (...) Plus, it wouldn't show (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Nice Update...

I am just posting to give Kudos to Calum for the new stuff on the rtlToronto "events" page. Nice Updated Logo. New faces. Keeping the events fairly "recent" and generally uncluttered. (though some of the robotics events need to be added). Great Job, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: corner or down the side

DAVE! (...) I could be wrong but this seems like a back handed compliment. I'm not sure if should point out to the nice people of lugnet that all your creations are the same simple 4 wheel no style, no thought box's that seem to win by nothing but (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: corner or down the side

(...) Well, I wasn't thinking about really getting a 'bot in play--was going to go the Magno route and just throw something together that looks like a chicken so everyone could laugh at it... But now that Steve's coming up--Mr. Legway, Mr "Wow, look (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: corner or down the side

this was sent to my personal e-mail address. Still, many poor lost souls can not post to lugnet so as a small service to rtltoronto members i will re-post what was sent. this is from Steve H. ---...---snip---...--- Chris, Hey. Here's some info. I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: corner or down the side

(...) That's a great mental picture. :) My friend Nicole purposley wears heels when we're going out because she knows how much I like her clicking heels in the mall. (...) That's me! (Did you not get my video clip I emailed to you???) (...) (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  corner or down the side

OK, its been a bit quiet here lately....... every time I click to see if there are any new messages it pops up as zero. I get this mental picture of someone walking down a long poorly lit institutional hallway, and all you hear is the slow slapping (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl13 stuff

(...) For what's its worth... I built the box. BUT it is just a box. there is now way to secure it to the playfield. so I we are willing to screw it to the board we will need some other box.... and weights. -- Chris (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl13 stuff

(...) I haven't built it yet, but as I recall, I'm responsible...so unless anyone already has an exact 24x24x6 box, I'll make one for the contest. The plan was to have an internal shelf that we could load with weight. Bruce (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl13 stuff

has anyone figured out or built the "hill" for r 13? -- Chris (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14 Ideas

(...) I'm probably going to sit outthe pipe racers, but may get somehting for the string racers-- But I was inspired by the old MIT 'bot shows where they would compete to gather the most ping-pong balls... I think that a container that had ramps or (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14 Ideas

(...) robot to navigate back to home base is something I've never done. I've also never made a construction vehicle :) Iain can build the truncated pyramid for us. (...) make this 'robotic' I think it would be much more appealing. One of my ideas (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14 Ideas

(...) and in some other message iain also says: (...) (with tongue in cheek) so Iain, where were you for the monkey bar game? ok, I'm done. Chris (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14 Ideas

(...) That's hard. But yeah it could be something like that. Race to the centre, pick it up, go back to start. That's not too bad actually. I'd rather see a competition for once that focuses on speed rather than mechanical complexity (ie, the drag (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14 Ideas

(...) I think there's a fair amount of interest in this one. We should try building a maze and seeing if it can be supported. I already have some pipe parts here, as does John. (...) Well, if you mean paying lots of cash for prancy weirdos dancing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl14 Ideas

(...) have to keep it simple (no T's) to start with, though. Supporting the structure is still an issue iirc. (...) Would be interested in hearing more thoughts on this... I'm desperate to do any kind of wire-suspension competition (climbing, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl14 Ideas

Here they are so far: -Pipe Racers: (URL) Racers. Get to the opposite end of a long string (1/4" nylon cord) with another robot going down in the opposite direction. For extra amusement, tie two strings in a cross shape and either run two robots, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LEGO(R) -> LEGO(R) @ Camp.....

(...) Yup. Darryl has been in contact with us many times. Basically he is in the for-profit educational services--I believe what they do is sell their educational services to schools, with integrated lesson plans, materials etc. He very generously (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  LEGO(R) -> LEGO(R) @ Camp.....

So I picked up a copy of Toronto City Parent while cooling off after swimming at a local pool... Strictly out of curiosity... I am NOT a parent :) (I was thinking of Chris). On the cover there is a "Imagine It, Build It" ad for a K'NEX TECH thing (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Fw: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

(...) Obviously not me. :-) Derek (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

(...) Now this I completely agree with! Chris's 'bots are always the source of much inspiration and fun! Dave K (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

(...) Chris, In my mind, you walked away the winner of the entire contest. I've never had so much fun at one of our contests, and your robot was the root of it all! (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

(...) great job on the page calum. :) too bad what you wrote was ALL biased and has no bases in reality. I cant not help but notice you did not mention the ONE win i did have against Johns mostly stock rc race buggy. Conveniently edited out; I'm (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

(...) Again, wonderfully done Calum--love the captions... Chris's 'bot is down again...this is getting repetitive.... ;) To be said, my 'bot wasn't nearly as entertaining, because it didn't do much. I still had a great time! Dave K. (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/live2 Smash'Em Up Derby Photos

Hi guys, A week ago here in Toronto, a bunch of us from rtlToronto got together to smash up robots in a no holds barred event over at Chris' shop. Enjoy some photos from rtlToronto/live2, this very small event based around the 8475 RC Race Buggy as (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  Re: New buildings for 4.5?

My projects for 4.5: * The carnival, likely to be located adjacent to the ramp starting immediately below Altenburg. Possibly stealing a little space on the portlands side of things. Expect a Ferris wheel, some sort of Merry-go-round, and some (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New buildings for 4.5?

(...) In the name of "No new modules, just more stuff" for 4.5 I'm thinking of: -Finishing the Central Train Station with all the little bits I had planned for it initially (bus stand, coffee shop, non decapitating overhead bridges, etc), ticket (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New buildings for 4.5?

I haven't built anything yet. However I'm considering a few things. -I'd like to replace that big yellow building at the end of the street with something more interesting. -I was thinking of putting a mine in the back side of the hill. Something to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New buildings for 4.5?

(...) I will build a model of the KMG Afterburner "EXTREME" for Jeff's fair, complete with senic backdrop as per the real thing. ;) Iain (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New buildings for 4.5?

What are people building for 4.5? Calum (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: For those that are interested in this sort of thing...

Well, the show was moderately fine right up until the last 15 min, until Chris was there--then it was great! Even the background music was right from the movie! Dunno if that was intended or not, but I appreciated it. So there you are. Dave K (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: You guys are the greatest

(...) On behalf of rtlToronto, thank you for your kind words. Your amazing mecha and robot creations are often mentioned at our meetings! Please let us know when you're coming up-we'd love to have you up here! Calum (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: You guys are the greatest

(...) You're not trying to intentionally inflame the train guys are you?...Or worse yet Calum (he can be very harsh if you catch him on the wrong day). You’d never do something like that and then just sit back, watch it unfold and smile inwardly? (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: You guys are the greatest

(...) Bruce.... I was not going to ever use this line.. but you forced my hand. If it were not for me then you would not be here. Heck the best you could hope for is Calum, and maybe a extra special "Bring-your-Train-to-Work-day" then tell us all (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: You guys are the greatest

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Eric Sophie writes: and hopefully pick up some knowledge from the masters. I don't think he's talking about you Chris. (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) I have this one picture of a KMG/Tivoli Remix - on the backdrop it's got this guy with a USA hat, giving the finger with both hands at the riders. And his buddy next to him is all decked out in bling bling at the turntables. It's great. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  You guys are the greatest

Hello RTL! I just have to say that it was a pleasure meeting Jeff Van Winden at BW2003. I also very much want to convey my amazment after I watched the RTL music video that Jeff played at the animation festival. You guys are the greatest! I was so (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Yeah, is amazing how the 'old country' is much less conservative than North America, and yet we think we're the 'light of the world' with our democracy, our tolerance, our 'enlightenment' and all that. But this isn't o.t-d ;) Dave K -who, no (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Star Lego Logo Wins Society of News Design Award

(...) Here is the link to the article regarding the awards the Star recieved. (URL) VW (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Here is a better page with all detail pictures including setup. (URL) will warn you that if you are browsing around the German fair sites, you will undoubtedly come across pictures of the backdrops on their machines. They are... well, you'll (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

"Chris Magno" <hollynorth@bellnet.ca> wrote in message news:3E5BBC39.5344AF...lnet.ca... (...) Yeah, I get that a lot. :-/ You have no idea how epic a machine the Revolution is until you have done it, espically at dusk or night. Truly something (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3E5BC4E6.1CDA80...res.com... (...) Scrambler, sure! Have a look at the Mondial "Shake" or HUSS "Booster" - both of those machines draw parallels to the scrambler but add aditional free-driven (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) I know, some of you were looking for the 'friendliest' place on the net...Whoops, wrong turn. (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) This from a guy whose overall design hasn't changed since day one! And don't tell me about not changing a winning design: 1. With that kind of thinking, we'd all still be riding horseback. 2. You've had some limited success, but, that’s only (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Star Lego Logo Wins Society of News Design Award

(...) EXCELLENT NEWS! (no pun intended) Congrats to rtlToronto and all involved! Matt (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Toronto Star Lego Logo Wins Society of News Design Award

In December 2002, rtlToronto was asked to build the Toronto Star's logo out of Lego bricks, which ran almost half a million copies (2.2M readership): (URL) Lego mosaic layout recently won an Award of Excellence from the Society of News Design in (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Re: general madness

(...) clrscr was an inverse heart--talk about dusting off obscure corners of my memory. I used to make all these little keyboard graphic movies on the PET and the 64. Boy what fun It's when I learned that FOR/NEXT loops should never be used for time (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Possibly. Although it's not noticeably harder to turn the 'wrong' way, just that the LED never lights, and the total charge is much, much lower when you stop. I used a pin stuck into a z40 gear to wind it, and I found it easy to wind at a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: general madness

(...) no, but I do want technics figure scaled houses of ill repute. (...) in this lug... yes. if its cross posted to ANYWHERE else... no. if its a tuesday, YES, unless its cross posted to Calum if in the message you refer to Iain's dreams... then (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Is not 12, is not 4 modules--it's 6 regular baseplates (3 baseplates by 2 baseplates)--it fits on one module. The issue is, then, either there's no road on that baseplate, or no two sets of track... I think that Chris just wants a 4 module (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Iain's freaky in the back ground

(...) you (...) Calum; NOW who is being the FREAK!!! look at this web page.... scroll down to the Bio for Chris Tucker... (URL) are so wrong. that guy dose not look like the guy in Iain's PIC. not even close. first off the guy's hair is too (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Oh my god! It's Chris Tucker! Calum (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) HEY!! if Dave can bring his 12 module fire station, then I think we should allow other people to bring in LARGE church's and Cathedrals. (smirk) Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

iain (...) in this picture a perfect stranger is in the background looking at you as if you are some sort of freak. -- Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) We've got to be a little careful with scale. The American LTCs often have this incredibly overscaled buildings which dominate the layout--like a four module gas station or a six module church. That's insane. Best thing to do is to bring it to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) How hard is the gearmotor to turn? I briefly fiddled with that at Calum's last week and could barely turn the shaft! Maybe I was going the wrong way...? (...) Mondial makes some wheels with capacity of nearly 1 000 :) (...) Do you know what (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes: <snip> (...) I'll post tonight the layout of the train yard/firestation that I was thinking about but basically, a full module placed to the right of Jeffs ramp and above my Christmastree farm (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Hey, this makes me think we could make a 2 wide version of the Altenburg layout. Much more protable. :-) Derek (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) The one above the dam could be spoken for, version 2 of my dam, has been designed to the proper module specs, (no more 97 stud lengths), as part of the dam design I was going to build two half modules that would be placed on either side of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

(...) Of Course you can... There is also spme space between the ramp and the road that (could be used) I will be starting re-construction of the Portlands after the rtl 13 event.. (I guess I should start building for that...) (...) :) I can do that, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Capacitor madness

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes: <snip> (...) We do have two modules right now that are not officially spoken for--one on each side of the dam. Now we had guest buildings on them for the last train show, but if we're doing this NMRA (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: This week's inanities

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> Ladies and Gentlemen... We have a convert! Now we'll have 8 (or nine--Derek! ;) ) battlebots at our next competition! But now back to cliffclimbing-sumo'bot Dave K (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Capacitor madness

I'm going to need to borrow some real estate in Lower Altenburg. Jeff? Can a grab a small chunk of portland next to the road? It's FunFair time! See, I've had a ferris wheel model languishing for some time. So last night, I rebuilt it in brighter (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  This week's inanities

First of all, I'd like to say: WOW, 8475 is a great set. I haven't had an R/C vehicle in 8 years or so, and the last one was a cheap Radio Shack van. For those coming from the R/C community, it might not be as exciting, but this is the set I've (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  roll call -- for those who can not post

it has been brought to my attention that several of our members can not post to LUG's the list I have so far is: Ivan Steve H I had this problem when i was trying to set up my work acct. but it solved itself the second time I applied. I'm sure i (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  For those that are interested in this sort of thing...

Christopher Reeve is having a guest appearance on 'Smallville' tonight. I have actually neve sat thru an entire ep. of Smallville, but tonight I'm probably going to do just that. For those 'not in the know', Christopher Reeve is the actor who (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto13 Questions from a builder

This email came from our old friend Dave Astolfo and I'm reposting the reply because I think it's applicable: (...) Good news! It'll be a great event, I think with many people from afar coming! I'm going to copy this post to the NG because it'll be (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this Gord guy

(...) Can you get it in widowed, crippled, no-dental-plan, mother-of-seven grain? Iain (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this Gord guy

dave, again, you show more restraint then I would (...) its at the point that they ask about the e-mail "jokes" that I would start throwing things. ".. you want your J O K E S funny guy!!! I'll show you something funny.. then I'd proceed to kick the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) Layin' down the smack. Jeff E style. Lovin' it. Gord ROCKS. Now I want to throw people into doors. Iain (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this Gord guy

(...) I always like The Gord--in moments of ultimate frustration at my job, I just click on any one of thsoe stories and I'm good to go for another few rounds... (...) So we put Compaq ML350 servers in all our big branches--dual processors, hot swap (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this Gord guy

(...) Dave, dave, dave! (shakes head) what have you done to me. after spending a LOT of time reading up on this gord guy, I have felt a rekindling of my disdain for stupid humans. an there are a LOT of them. Talk about coincidence. after reading (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) 1 F Yup. A Farad. The unit you're *used* to seeing with greek letters in front of it. Now, the cap has a voltage rating of 2.5 V. Someone with more electronics than I can explain what this means. But 1 F = 1 C / V, and a Coloumb is an Amp for (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this Gord guy

(...) The Gord is good. The Gord knows how to handle the foolish and the unwise. (...) Eh, they pay me well. I shut up and never say, "Oh you foolish beings--why do you task me so!" It makes a good 'headspace' for dealing with other avenues of my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hi all

OK, I'll play. are you refering to this event: (URL) only day this robot eevnt will be held is march 15. if you can make it any time during the day of Marh 15, we'd love to see you. Chris (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hi all

I'm gonna be in the area from the 15th-18th or 19th of March, probly won't be able to get in to anything to meet anyone, I think the only day I'll have open will be the morning of the 18th. If I can I'll try to pop into the event that day. If anyone (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  this Gord guy

Thanks Dave. I was going to have a lot of fun, earning all about your craft, and the ways in which you deal with fools. -- but you pointed me to a funny Gord page. i don't think i would last very long at your job. not that I could not solve those (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) Oooohhh... gravy sopped bread... Gaagghghghghhhh (Homer Simpson drool) Well, it was like 2-3 years ago, they're just getting around to changing the name on the busses. (...) Here's the interesting bit--Laidlaw Waste was sold off like 6-8 years (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) no while I was explaining to you the idea of how to ration your buttered bread to better "sop" up the gravy of the main mean, you did NOT mention the acquisition of PMCL. Congrats. (...) WOW, will you re-brand all the other school bus's and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes: <snip> (...) Did I mention that we bought PMCL? At least *some* of PMCL, like their transit offices in Etobicoke, Midland and somewhere else... Then we divvied their school bus runs to Laidlaw Ed (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) 1 Farad. Derek (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) i still think that if we "scored" this based on hits, then I would have been the hands down winner. especially against Bruce's 2 wheels sissy robot. HA. even partially hobbled, I still managed to get good hits in. and lets not forget the worm (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) <snip> (...) Well, my 'bot may not have been the most fun to watch... Except when it was flipping your 'bot over! :) I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next one. (as long as we all don't show up with "Sheridan'bots" (tm)) :) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  KUKA Robocoasters Confirmed for Billund: Power Builder

(URL) Iain (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My robot was the most fun

(...) Really? I'm surprised... it looked so small in the unopened bag. What's its capacitance? Mario (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Looking for photos of Smash Em Up Derby

Oops.... let's try this again.... Chris vs. Bruce (URL) & Iain vs. Chris (URL) & Iain vs. Wayne (URL) group shot (URL) the pics after moderation: (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Looking for photos of Smash Em Up Derby

I put my better photos up in my brickshelf account.... Here's a few teasers (deep links): Chris vs. Bruce (URL) & Iain vs. Chris (URL) & Iain vs. Wayne (URL) group shot (URL) the pics after moderation: (URL) was fun!!!! Now time to build for (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact