 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6651
Re: king-o-da-hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:04:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
One minute is not much time.  If two evenly matched robots are in a
pushing contest, cutting the time to 60 seconds may cut out the best
part of the event.

How about this for a big last minute rule change:
If there is a no challenge for the top at 1 minute, it will end.
Otherwise, it will continue for a second minute.
If there is a no challenge for the top at 2 minutes, it will end.
Otherwise, it will continue for a third minute.
The match will end after 3 minutes.

Let's not change the 3 minutes (it's been in writing for three months now),
but if both designers agree nothing is going to change after a minute as
Steve says, then yeah.  Now if I have a super offensive move played at 2:53,
the game should proceed as normal.

Calum