 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6649
6648  |  6650
Subject:
king-o-da-hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:30:35 GMT

OK, it was a good weekend for me (robot building wise)

for the first time ever i built a robot, THEN I built a "fake" test
robot that is nothing more then 4 motors and 4 wheels and a bulldozer
blade.  designed to test the weak points of my robot.

As well, I have been in contact with several other people who are
building robots and they have come to similar robot strategy
conclusions.

this is what I learned:

Each match is supposed to be 3 min.

it would make a lot of tactical sense to build a robot that did nothing
for 2 and a half minutes and then in the last moments of the clock, get
to the top of the board.... and at the buzzer accept the tie and shared
points.

this is a valid strategy; I was going to use it myself

because this game is going to probably have a larger than normal
audience of little kids, (due to the publicity of the library)  Calum
and I got to thinking if this will lead to 2 min of boredom.....

without changing too much, could we reduce the time limit of the game
from 3 min to 1 min???? (or some other short agreed upon number)

YES i know that the game is only 5 days away.....

will this move, screw up a lot of people?  will people have a valid
concern with this... I need to know ASAP....  if you cant post to lugnet

Chris