 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6658
Re: king-o-da-hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:24:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
none of this is life and death; I was just looking to head off a
solution to a potential problem.

Well, part of the game is dealing with a 3 minute game time.  Your
suggestion is to be able to "fast forward" this game time if no one uses it
as as strategy option is commendable, but confusing for a change this late
in the game.

Maybe a better way to put it is, I don't want this thing to become like
Calvin-Ball:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Nook/2990/cb_rules.htm

"It's three minutes only if you need them all.  But you'll have to declare
it at the start of the day by standing on a chair and singing "Copacabana"
by Barry Manilow.  Now if you won't use that as your strategy, let Chris
know with a secret handshake, and we'll use a one minute method.  If not,
and your name is Trevyn Watson, then it's okay, we'll use a three minute
game.  Now, if you need to have at least two minutes, we'll have to use your
special program 2 instead.  But if you don't have a 2 minute program, then
you'll need to compile an extra program while driving like a madman from
Stoney Creek.  Have a banana."

Calum