 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6653
Re: king-o-da-hill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:15:17 GMT

Let's not change the 3 minutes (it's been in writing for three months now),
but if both designers agree nothing is going to change after a minute as
Steve says, then yeah.

OK,   but what if I have a bot that gets to the top in the first 10 seconds, and
just drives around looking.. then 2 min 30 sec later your robot decides to makes
its great move...  thats a GREAT strategy, but boring to watch.   this scenario
nulls what you just asked above

Now if I have a super offensive move played at 2:53,
the game should proceed as normal.

OK, how about we request that people program 3 times into the machine.... slot 1
for one min, 2 for two min.. ect.

then as we bring up people to compete you just run a time limit that is
appropriate for your opponent.

meaning:

robot A:  climbs to the top and hunts for 3 min
robot B: waits on the floor for 2 min 30 seconds then attacks.

using the 3 program idea then it would hurt no one to agree to run a 1 min
game.....

this allows robot A to climb like normal, and robot b to wait... just not 2 min.

this is not a hard thing for our group to do!

it can be done on sight... AND if you have left Ottawa already and don't know
about this rule request until you arrive in Toronto, then opponents can adjust
for a longer game by running prg. 3.

this should minimize the number of games  with "the wait game" strategy

now would be a good time for Iain, and Dave to speak up!

Chris
Why do solar calculators have an off button?