 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6592
Re: Capacitor madness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:44:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:

I've hooked up the motor (mini 9v) to another motor (same) and the
capacitor.  When you wind the crank on the "generator" motor, it powers
up the cap in about 30 or 40 rotations, and the ferris wheel (and
generator crank) start moving on their own.

How hard is the gearmotor to turn?  I briefly fiddled with that at Calum's
last week and could barely turn the shaft!  Maybe I was going the wrong way...?

every 8 to 10 seconds with the 1:32 gearing I've got now.  Seats 12.  No
safety bars.

Mondial makes some wheels with capacity of nearly 1 000 :)

I think it'll be a real crowd-pleaser.  *I* keep playing with it.

Do you know what would be a real crowd-pleaser?  If you built me a model of
the Inferno or Topscan or Revolution (as seen here:
http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/psyclone.html )

:)

    Iain (dying to see a Jennifer Clark Jump2)