 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6593
Re: Capacitor madness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:

I have another small hope--I'd like to have my firestation incorporated into
the layout--the problem is, you've seen how big it is (though I did rebuild
it smaller).  Is this kosher with everyone or is it just a wee bit too
large? (to be said, technically it is half the width as the train station,
but the tower--is quite high)

If the fire station is some distance from Altenburg, it might fit in ok, in
that the perspective between the two areas may seem normal.

We've got to be a little careful with scale.  The American LTCs often have
this incredibly overscaled buildings which dominate the layout--like a four
module gas station or a six module church.  That's insane.  Best thing to do
is to bring it to the 4.5 thing and see how it fits.  It might work
depending on what other buildings are put into that corner.

Calum