 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6582
6581  |  6583
Subject:
For those that are interested in this sort of thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:12:32 GMT

Christopher Reeve is having a guest appearance on 'Smallville' tonight.

I have actually neve sat thru an entire ep. of Smallville, but tonight I'm
probably going to do just that.

For those 'not in the know', Christopher Reeve is the actor who starred as
Superman in the 4 movies that came out in the late '70's and early '80's.
My personal favourite superhero is Superman--after all, he was 'invented' by
a Canadian! ;)

Beyond being Superman, he was starting to get a wider acting career going
when, while riding a horse, he suffered a tragic accident and broke his neck.

He was paralyzed from the neck down and has to be hooked up to a 'breathing
unit' that forces air in and out of his lungs.  That said, he slyly
mentioned on CNN on Sunday that 'certain parts' below the neck are working
just fine...

Anyway, he can move his toes and fingers now, which is inspiring hope for
all those that have suffered a severe spinal injury.

So he'll be on Smallville tonight.  Just thought you'd like to know.

Dave K