 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6642
6641  |  6643
Subject:
corner or down the side
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:58:11 GMT

OK, its been a bit quiet here lately.......

every time I click to see if there are any new messages it pops up as
zero.

I get this mental picture of someone walking down a long poorly lit
institutional hallway, and all you hear is the slow slapping of hard
soled footsteps.

OK,  so my questions, how are you guys attacking the problem of the
climb.

a. attacking the corner straight on.
b. running down the side, then turning to face the flat part of the
box...
c. building a stored energy hopping machine that will drop the robot in
the center of the raised platform
b. building a 2 part robot that delivers part A at the same height as
the box, then picking up the lower section, and throwing it at all other
robots.
d. building a VERY FAST robot that will race around to the opponent and
pull him down as he tries to climb. then once off; leisurely climb up to
the top.
e. something else.

OH, ya.  In case you forgot, we will have a larger than normal
contingent of little kids come to watch.  this is cause of the fact that
in return for free room and board the library publicized this even in
its newsletter.

Iain, can you get for us 4 stanchions and enough chain to ring around
the game board???  maybe the kids might honor the yellow plastic chain.

Bruce and I  have decided that it will just be easiest if we (gasp)
screw the box to the game board.  the idea is to toenail some #6 screws
from the box to the board.....  just 2 screws, And we pre drill the
holes first.  its just easier. AND we can fill the holes later with wood
filler.

AS ALWAYS we will do our best to make the box (aka HILL)  2' X 2' X 6"
but since this is not fine carpentry expect some slop.  if you plane for
1/4"  slop then you'll be fine.

umm, something else.... THATS IT, we should have guests from the head
office of the toy we build with come to visit.  for some reason after 5
years of doing this they want to see this sort of thing live. (go
figure)

what dose this all mean...... WEAR A TIE!!   and keep that PUNK KID(TM)
away from me cause it would look bad if i hit him in front of other
people.

Chris
No! A T-shirt with a silk screen of a tux is not good enough