 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6633
Re: rtl14 Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:37:35 GMT

-Pipe Racers:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=6107

Definately something that would be a load of fun to try.  I still think we
have to keep it simple (no T's) to start with, though.  Supporting the
structure is still an issue iirc.

-String Racers.  Get to the opposite end of a long string (1/4" nylon cord)
with another robot going down in the opposite direction.  For extra
amusement, tie two strings in a cross shape and either run two robots, four
robots, or make them take a 90 deg turn.

Would be interested in hearing more thoughts on this... I'm desperate to do
any kind of wire-suspension competition (climbing, traversing, whatever -
anything suspended from wires or ropes instantly piques my interest...!  IT
COULD BE LIKE CIRQUE DU SOLIEL.  BUT REALLY, no it couldn't.

-Raiders of the Lost Part:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=6221

This reminds me of the contests they do at MIT with pingpong balls.  I've
always admired those contests.  I love pingpong ball robots.

-rtlToronto/mini1: This one we can run as a dinner event or perhaps just as
a spur of the moment thing like the RC car derby:  Build a vehicle that can
transport one minifigure as far as possible, using the Capacitor as a power
source.

Didn't JeffE say something about the micromotor running for something like
well over half an hour?  Don't you think that would drive a car kind of far
in that time?  IE, where to hold that venue?  Unused runway at Pearson?  :)

Still that's a very cute idea!  Maybe do something with height though.  How
high can a cap-driven device climb up a rope or wire - carrying a minifig
passenger (or any defined load).  Yes!  Yes yes.  OH YES.

NOW I GOTTA BUY A CAP.  BUSTIN A CAP.  WOOOOOOO, GIRL.

    Iain