 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *3559 (-100)
  latest Walmart finds

I was browsing the lego "aisle"...(wink, wink, knudge, knudge) :) ... and started scanning all the sets that they had.... my first impression was they only had one shelf unit for lego, but then I saw that they had some other sets on two more (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Entries for rtlToronto10

(...) mmm...well there is going to be junkyard wars in BrickWest, and I'm pretty sure they do have some (maybe one or two) good robotic "workshops" at Brickfest. I think people mainly go to meet other enthusiasts from around the world. The train (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: We're Famous!

(...) Just to interject something cool here, you all will be even more famous after BricksWest! By special arrangement with the publisher, I'll have copies of "Building Robots with LEGO Mindstorms" for sale at BricksWest (at 45% off the standard (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: We're Famous!

Rob, Speaking as an outsider from Los Angeles, you guys have been famous for a long time. You Toronto Builders are the best. BTW, I agree, the Ferrari brothers have put out a great book that we will all benefit from its contents. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  We're Famous!

Hi everyone, A while ago I got an email from Mario Ferrari saying that he had mentioned my site in his new book, Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms. As if this wasn't enough, he also said the publisher would like to send me a free copy. Boy was I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Entries for rtlToronto10

(...) Sweet! A nice round even number. FYI, we're finalized on the rule changes. Apart from some little things (like how we figure a robot is done, either by sound or owner calling out) it's more or less finished up. I don't think anyone is going to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Entries for rtlToronto10

(...) Count me in! Im having a few problems but I think I will sort it out by then. I only have one week left to finish it because I'm going to Brickwest. Anybody else going from rtl>? My brother might be coming too! Phil (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Entries for rtlToronto10

(...) Oh, I'm *thinking* about building another x-bot (Runamok Mark II) to see if I can come up with a completely different concept. So I may have 2--just waiting on the rotation sensors I ordered. Then I can come in first *and* second. Dave (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Entries for rtlToronto10

(...) Since *everyone* else in LUGNET likes to bite on things and not let go until it's beyond flogged... I'm going to say, David Koudys from Winona. Oh wait, I live in Hamilton now :( Oh well... there goes that... (though lately I'm spending most (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Entries for rtlToronto10

So what I'm reading is... Mario DeFacendis/Calum Tsang, Toronto Iain Hendry, Innerkip Matthias Jetleb, Toronto Dave Koudys, Stoney Creek John Guerquin, Toronto Ka-On Lee, Ottawa Ivan Louch, Toronto Chris Magno, Toronto Derek Raycraft, Toronto Bruce (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

<aol> ME TOO! </aol> :) I will be entering a bot. And my bot will be able to finish the X in 0 seconds**. Currently, it just pick up a block fomr one corner and moves it to the other corner. David Koudys wrote: > (...) **As long as it starts with an (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) I agree with you 100% Dave!!! I think building ANYTHING out of LEGO is the most enjoyable part of the experience. If it works like it's supposed to, great, if it doesn't, then rebuild it! Even more fun! Repeat process until (a) fingers are (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) End Of Arm Tool (thanks Iain, for explaining that to me at the last dinner.) Jeff VW who HAD to trim the message because LUGNET told me too!... (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) That's 8 people thus far (btw, what's EOAT mean anyway for those of us who are anti-acronymincon) which would make it very easy to schedule bouts. Oh wait, just remembered that Mario and Calum are entering as well. And Kai-On (I hope I spelled (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) AND ME! (If I can build an EOAT that works.....) I've got three different designs the one I brought to dinner a few months back (the three fingered one) one that is based on what Jeff E was talking about... Of course I cant get it to grab and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

Few sorted tangents... Let me see now, Rob, who keeps himself above the tirade of the masses (and who will probably blow the doors off the rest of us--again) Iain, who is a genious when it comes to cartesian 'bots, who delved a little into this (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) Bruce, Do you even HAVE a robot yet????? :) -- Chris Pretend this says something funny (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) Do you mean to say you ditched the tin cans and string concept!! (...) Of course you’ll be watching from the sidelines...after two attempts at the game. Either your robot will breakdown, or, more likely...you’ll just be too embarrassed to give (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Outlet Specials

(...) yikes...I'd seriously have problems if I had the lego budget like you do...:) I don't even want to share my current buying plans with you in fear it would shock you considerably... :) Ben (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

(...) HA!!! Dave, your a nice guy and all, and heck, you USED to build some nice robots...... BUT unless you have a Miracle in an RCX; you don't stand a chance. I've done some experiments, and just for fun I've implemented a new communications (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Outlet Specials

I mean, for rotation sensors for 6.99, even if it is American, you just can't go wrong. I've never seen a place where rotation sensors are less than the light sensors! And I've ordered my first temperature sensor! (for whatever reason) So there you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Nice folks at LUGNET

So Dan found my posts in holding! So you guys now get to read the wisdom of Dave in its entirety. Love LUGNET :) So there you are. Dave (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

So I finished building it on the weekend and let me just say it *almost* was as much fun as the Space Shuttle. The amount of 'air' inside the model is something I dislike--having the engine just 'hang there' in the open like that bothers my sense of (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  What a time for an e-mail server to go down...

Grrr!! I had 3 spectacular posts written up yesterday and awaiting authentication. My old college was experiencing some issues with their e-mail servers, though, and all of them were lost In these postings I talked trash to those that *think* they (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

The effort is definitly appreciated, Mattias. I talked to Dave in Burlington yesterday and picked up a German one off of him, though. So I don't need another one at this time. If you already bought it by the time you got this message, I have no (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

It was there yesterday. I'll buy it tomorrow on your behalf if it's still there. Matthias Jetleb B.T.W. to all: there were two pairs of Manas there (the Bionical with the IR remote control) 50% off (which makes them $65 IIRC) If someone wants me to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

Active Components is *NOT* the same as Active Surplus. Matthias Jetleb (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Station to Station: Interesting train book

Hey folks, For those of you into trains, Phaidon Press has an excellent book called "Station to Station" by Steven Parissien (1997, softcover reprint is 2001). It's basically an architectural history of train stations, from the 1800's all the way (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Station to Station: Interesting train book

Hey folks, For those of you into trains, Phaidon Press has an excellent book called "Station to Station" by Steven Parissien (1997, softcover reprint is 2001). It's basically an architectural history of train stations, from the 1800's all the way (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  castle problems....

I figured this was the best spot to put this... I was looking at some great lego castles today, and a horrible realization hit.... I had designed my "moat" on my upcoming "castle" project on the inside of the outer curtain wall, not the outside.... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road-Trip?

(...) too bad Iain went to Floriday...I'm sure he'd take you up on that offer, if it suited schedule-wise....(he sure loves that turbine...) :) which made its (mini-fig scale) debut at Train 3 ala Jeff Elliot's mountain layout....right by the cliff) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Final Rule Update for rtlToronto10

Hi folks, The final rule update for rtlToronto10 has been put online: (URL) you know anyone who doesn't read rtlToronto NG often and is bringing a bot for rtl10, let them know by email. Calum (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Road-Trip?

(...) I heard Calum say something about that at Train3....(see you should have came anyway....whats a few germs...) :) Who's going, and what have you is to be decided by the others, and whether it suits Calum et al to go is another fact of the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Road-Trip?

(...) ~We are??? I soooo want in on that deal! An rtlToronto road-trip would *rock.* Happily, --==Richard==-- P.S. I'm still waitin’ for someone to invite me to the great an’ wondrous Wind-Turbine! ;) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

Hmm. I'm reasonably sure I saw one at my local Active store, but I could be wrong. Ill check next time i'm there and tell you if i find any. On the Future Active web site: (URL) a part is available from Future Active, I think that means it's (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the good bit...

(...) If I have a RCX 1.0 with an AC adaptor, I would attempt to make a automatic blank CDR loader for the CDRW. It will be tougher than tape though since you need to worry about scratching of the CD surface. (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl10 Portability

(...) Brilliant :) Jeff E (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Here's the good bit...

When your boss starts sending you links to totally cool LEGO sites, you know you've got it made... My boss just sent me an e-mail with this link: (URL) the LEGO DAT drive... Think he's dropping me some hints to build one for work? Dave (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl10 Portability

(...) really made my day. :) Very, very funny. Calum Pretend I care about my AntiX time (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl10 Portability

(...) No, no its a half train module. (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

(...) Thanks for the offer! If you could have a boo--see if the RIS 2.0 is still there, it would be appreciated. I'll be in town on Friday (for dinner, of course) then I'm going to a show. I'll have the money at Mel's on Friday, but if you can't (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) If we run the scoring like the block stacking 'bots--all competitions are considered separate and you just add up at the end of the day how many times your 'bot won. Whoever has the most wins during the day wins the event. Dave (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) So are we going to add up the scores, or just add the match point? With the first method one major botch up like lose wire can kick you out of the game. I am OK with either method. At the end of the do my bot need to move away from the grid? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

In article <GqvDIw.Fu3@lugnet.com>, dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca says... (...) If you decide to go with a USB-to-serial adapter, be sure to buy one at a store that has a no hassle return policy. I remember reading on the Mindstorms website that the IR (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] train3 Photos online!

Hi folks, Photos from rtlToronto/train3 are now online! I spent the day sorting, commenting and previewing them while watching the West Wing first season episodes I downloaded. Enjoy! Have fun! (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  [rtlToronto] February Monthly Dinner, Friday February 8th, 2002

Hi folks, rtlToronto February Monthly Dinner Friday, February 8th, 2002, 6pm Mel's Montreal Deli, 440 Bloor Street West (E of Bathurst) (URL) on out to the big rtlToronto Monthly Dinner, this Friday. Come and make cryptic boasts about your ProjectX, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  OOPS I did it again

Well, something is odd. do you all remember this: (URL) I could take a second pic to show off the NEW broken joiner but why bother it looks like like the same thing. as a bit of background, the motor is driving a gear, that is riding on the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) truth be told it was during my experimenting with some VERY small pneumatic solenoids that came from here: (URL) was offered a sample so i was given 2 3vdc 3 Way 2 Position and as we all know to duplicate a lego pneumatic switch you need a 4 (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

G'Day True enough, never could find a 7x03 either, usually just dumped the output thru a couple or three diodes, or a light bulb until 3v came out. Cheers Oliver Also never discount a car headlight as a high wattage resistor in low voltage (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

Your probably in VIEW mode... Click on the image, or page up/down to move between the steps.... Jeff VW "Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3C5A172F.905070...ers.com... (...) download the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) Well, we (Team xEmployees) managed to get our robot to complete a round today. It was all Mario's doing--the goal, as we've been saying all these months, is execution. And Mario executed real well! Anyways, I'm very impressed. (Mario, you can (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

(...) Have you been to the Sears Clearance Center in Brampton??!!?? That place is such a mess I'd be amazed if they had any idea what they actually do have! I work near there. Do you want me to look for the RIS2.0 (English) that I saw there (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) Don't you just LOVE Electrosonic? You should have checked out Sayal Electronics while you were there. (S/E corner of the Victoria Park and Gordon Baker Rd.) The are also a good source for parts in the area. You could have just used a 7805 with (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The anti X pattern

(...) Looked at from another perspective, the posting of times gives builders an idea of what is possible (although I would also appreciate it if people would give an indication of overall accuracy in addition to times). This could be helpful to a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) Actually, I'm only ever satisfied with my robots when they beat you,...which turns out to be about 3-4 times a year. How often do we have these contests...oh yeah, about 3-4 times a year. Bruce Pretend, I'm not laughing at my own jokes! (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

"Bruce Sheridan" <bruce.sheridan@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:GqvxIE.1qx@lugnet.com... (...) Programming in assembler is amazing, I find it so remarkable that you're doing it this way! I think it's just... amazing. I wish I had your patience! I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) are they ever????? -- Chris Pretend this says something funny (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) I need to follow my own advice and get working. So far I've built a few versions which have not proven to be satisfactory. As for code, the script is easy but lego assembler has crappy documentation (can I say that?...oh well, you only live (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

"Bruce Sheridan" <bruce.sheridan@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:Gqvw27.KpK@lugnet.com... (...) *JUST FELL OFF CHAIR* (...) Bruce Sheridan = Chubs a Rier End :) (...) Thanks, Bruce :) (see, this is the kind of brothership you can't get with train.) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) I figured you might say something like that...My list of people that I must seriously devastate Chris Dave Iain And I don’t want any wimpy excuses like: I couldn’t find a serial port – Dave I thought we were measuring in hours, not seconds – (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

"Bruce Sheridan" <bruce.sheridan@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:GqvuvF.HHr@lugnet.com... (...) You don't need my blessin' for NUTTIN. Nuttin Nuttin Nuttin. I'm just encouraging the *use* of names for once, instead of "Bob's Robot," "Frank's (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) Well Iain, since I understand that we need your blessing on robot names, I was thinking of x'82'...what do you think? Bruce (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Module/rtl10

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3C5B2048.70BE2B...ers.com... (...) And I get in poo for posting a simple anagram! Hysterical. (...) Of course! I only suggested it because I just SORT OF want my robot to sit still. I never (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

Well, After a lot of soul searching, I have decided that A decision has to be made as to scoring so that we can all build our robots and tune as required.... and the winner is..... This game is both about speed AND accuracy. By the very nature of (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Module/rtl10

ummm, about screwing...... (a-hem) (...) the topic of screwing ones robot down, has come up. and I was wondering..... my robot right now, as it sits on the work table, actually has bits of it lift itself off the table when it runs the anti-x. Now, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

(...) why, Everything a person could want is right here in RTLToronto. :) all that AND some of the best smoked meat poutine from Mel's restaurant a person can handle. poutine: (URL) this says something funny (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) i disagree!! sorry, this is a bit of a sore point. the smallest 78xx series i ever found was a 05. I really wanted a 7803 to try to play with some small pneumatic solenoids but none existed. electronsonic has 2 3vdc regulators NONE in stock. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) Well, it does offend me on a ewweeeeee level, but on a practical level its fine. as a guy who'd electric bill went up because of all the wall warts powering the rcx's..... sure its fine. :) BTW a question to the group. Is there a FOR SURE (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  8466

is verrrrry nice. I'm definitly going to order another... but it'll have to wait for my budget this year is only 100 bucks a month for LEGO and I already went over in January buying this one (as well as a HP set and the RIS 2.0 cd's) But I'm going (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: new "forum" on my lugnet lego page....

(...) ooops!!!! here is the link: (URL) real embarassed!!! :-/) (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.castle)

  new "forum" on my lugnet lego page....

In reference to the past postings about Brickwarz, I decided to add a new section on my lugnet lego page.... here it is...it isn't long but it may or maynot be interesting.... and sorry that there are no pictures at the moment...they will be (and (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.castle)

  Re: question for Richard re:brickwarz

(...) Nice... I'll have to do that.... (and soon, before too many other things get in the way!!) :) (...) oh yeah... good point... :) (...) nice....that would be sweet!!! <snip the rest> I went to sleep with the idea ..... (bad move = going to bed (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

If you have the parts in the appropriate directory, go to Mlcad and do "File"->"Scan Parts" and answer yes when asked about a new lst file. Cheers (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: question for Richard re:brickwarz

~Y’know, the only thing better than havin’ a post with your name in it is havin’ a post with your name in the title!!! (makes me feel special!) =p (...) How about this, I've got the location… the gamming room… and the troops… So how about you name (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

(...) What? No Simpsons??!!?! Mario (testing his new @rogers address and doing his part to extend this off-topic thread) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  question for Richard re:brickwarz

I like posting especially, having to do with brickwarz related questions... I was thinking this evening putting back together my soccer bus, about all the "generic" soccer players from the soccer theme, and thought in light of the rules for (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Five Years of Italicized Text

(...) very nice Calum.... btw, did you or anyone else video-tape the footage on Rogers Cable TV? I like the latest pics on it regarding my townhall, I was very pleased. And nice choice of shots, with Derek's Train Station w/ Cletus in the picture, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

Only a 1x10 beam, and a 1x4 plate. The thing is, I have all the files it cant find. In the parts directory. Do they use absolute paths (i hope not)? (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

(...) In the parts directory! Did any parts display? Maybe you need to download the latest parts files from ldraw.org. ROSCO (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

(...) hmmm...you'll have to ask the soldiers guarding it.... :) I think the stuff for area 51 is in a secret underground military installation near the nevada desert. I am sure the west wing is a very powerful drama...but you can't always believe (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Five Years of Italicized Text

Hey folks, So last week I was combing my hard disk trying to clean up and I found a bunch of old logos I did up for rtlToronto. Wouldn't that be neat for a little retrospective? I flip open my favourite graphic compositing tool, Microsoft (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

Hmm. Doesn't work for me, I get a whole bunch of "part not found" (or similar) error messages. It's probably my fault, but does anyone know where MLCAD expects to find parts files? (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

Rebel Transcanner wrote: > (...) As long as it has a voltage that is at least 1.7 volts above its output voltage (and below some upper voltage), it will give its output voltage. You can get voltage regulators for many voltages, like 3v (7803), 6v (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) I can't see how that's a problem. Don't worry about it. Unless you're feeding more than the usual 9-12VAC into it, I think it's fair. Beats sucking down the batteries. Calum (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

(...) Mainframe Entertainment. Based out of Vancouver. They are probably one of the largest CGI animation houses for TV in Canada, if not the largest. (...) That's a whole category on it's own: (in order of preference) Secret Life of Machines (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

(...) If you rtltoronto guys would read other newsgroups, you'd know what was going on ;-) (URL) gear train has a 1:2016 reduction ratio. It has a worm-to-12 bevel, worm-to-12 bevel, and worm-to-14 bevel (12*12*14 = 2016). TJ (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gqu0B8.AnD@lugnet.com... (...) > (...) My nickname for like a year when I did the whole BBS thing (pre-Internet! like... 1993 to mid 1995 I think?) was Crimson Binome! I haven't (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

(...) they were....now I think they made a b-line back to the south.... :) ben (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

"Jeff Van Winden" <Jvwinden@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:Gqu0D8.Avw@lugnet.com... (...) No no, see, I was asking "What is it" because I don't use LDraw or all that funny stuff. :) JPEG's are nice. Iain (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

(...) Oh yah, well... how come their was 80,000 cubic feet of gold during the Carter administration and now theirs only 50,000 cubic feet? Just watch the West Wing... -R (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

(...) I think it's on at 8:00-9:00 P.M. on a Wednesday. (...) Enzo is sooooo cool now, now that he's like the Terminator! And Dot...well she's just totally hot! :) --==Richard==-- It's funny that you like EC... (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

what is it!!!! Its a ~1026:1 gear ratio in an area of 4 x 5 x 4 bricks!!!!! worm to 14 tooth (the old bevel gears, maybe those were the 12 tooth ones) to worm to 14 tooth to worm to 14 tooth to worm..... Of course I some one in the ldraw group (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:Gqtz7q.741@lugnet.com... (...) I was being silly, silly! Silly as a goose in may. But it's January. And they're flyin' home already! Iain (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3C59F3EC.409080...ers.com... (...) supplies. Oh cool! Okay, I remember I bought one of those for a project once, but never used it. It's siting in my electronics bin downstairs, I just (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) Well, its all inside the battery box. the only thing coming out is the ribbon cable on the left side of the photo. And for Iain, that's a 7809 Positive 9 Volt Voltage Regulator. It looks like most other voltage regulators (except the really (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

(...) now now...that isn't very nice... :) I don't quite understand the fascination with those kind of renderings either...but then I am some what "biased" because of my fascination with pink lego....well Paradisa... (I don't think I'm entirely (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) I think it doesn't look eye-friendly but if it works, more power to you... I think the rules clearly say lego items, but in the "spirit of the game", I think this would be considered not essential enough for you to get an advantage, because it (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing...

(...) That is just plain evil, Iain!!! :) <wicked grin> you are started to sound like Bruce and Chris.... I guess the robot guys got to stick together.... :-/ Ben (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl10 Portability

(...) me too... :) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Here's the thing... (TV Top Shows)

(...) don't really watch too many tv shows...too busy with lugnet and e-bay.... sorry!!!! I really can't stand that many commercials!!! I do like to watch the odd movie, especially in dolby digital 5.1 on my surround system... 5th Element has a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact