 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3463
Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 01:30:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Trevyn Watson writes:
I have an RCX 1.0 (w/ power jack) and an RCX 2.0 (w/o power jack).

I will be using both in my rtl10 entry.

Here's my problem:

For my bot to work properly, I need both RCXen to be powered from an
adapter. Since the 2.0 has no jack, I have thrown together this thing:

http://members.rogers.com/swatsons/power1b.jpg

Is this all right with everyone?

Thanks,
Trevyn.

I think it doesn't look eye-friendly but if it works, more power to you...
I think the rules clearly say lego items, but in the "spirit of the game",
I think this would be considered not essential enough for you to get an
advantage, because it would be like you are running 2 RCX 1.0's.

Ben