 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3545
Re: What a time for an e-mail server to go down...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Few sorted tangents...

Let me see now,

Rob, who keeps himself above the tirade of the masses (and who will probably
blow the doors off the rest of us--again)

Iain, who is a genious when it comes to cartesian 'bots, who delved a little
into this forray

Chris, the main instigator of the banter, but has yet to produce a
functioning and/or winning 'bot of any sort (but they look great--'specially
when you get those pneumatic pumps and such going...)

Bruce, who made wonderful block stacking 'bots (and from whom I snivved a
few ideas for my 'bots)

and little ol' me, who has a good time just building with *all* LEGO ('xcept
pink!)

Is Derek, Steve and others entering 'bots?
AND ME! (If I can build an EOAT that works.....) I've got three different
designs the one I brought to dinner a few months back (the three fingered
one) one that is based on what Jeff E was talking about... Of course I cant
get it to grab and lift properly (it usually grabs one side faster then the
other and flings the block away) and the final design is one that has
potenial... but requires some more design to work..... DOH!!!

and then I can have some fun coding!

enough ranting...
Jeff VW

Well, the banter continues, but doesn't seem to be the good slam fest it
used to be..now it's mired down into basic mud slinging...

So i pronounce the smack down over and done with--let's get on to bigger and
better things...

*pause*

hmmm....

*pause*

k, i got nuttin' bigger and better.

I'm going to MLCad my grabber arm tonite, and then I'll probably POV-Ray
that aforementioned arm and see what happens.  I wanna make it better.

I MLCaded before, think it's here:

http://sparky.i989.net/torsept0.htm

specifically the grabber mechanism.

I'm actually getting a wee bit excited about the upcoming event.  15 days away!

I'll try to get to dinner tomorrow night--as I said, I'm attending a
concert, but was told that it starts at 8 p.m. so I may have some time to
drop by before.

Dave

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Oh, and my accuracy went up as well.

Watch out Dave…I hear that once in a while he actually gets one in the right
square.

Bruce, Do you even HAVE a robot yet?????

:)

--
Chris
Pretend this says something funny