 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3556
Re: We're Famous!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:09:59 GMT

Rob,
   Speaking as an outsider from Los Angeles, you guys have been famous for a
long time. You Toronto Builders are the best. BTW, I agree,  the Ferrari
brothers have put out a great book that we will all benefit from its
contents.

--
Bob Fay

THE SHOP
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi everyone,
A while ago I got an email from Mario Ferrari saying that he had mentioned
my site in his new book, Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms. As if this
wasn't enough, he also said the publisher would like to send me a free • copy.
Boy was I happy! Well, after some difficulties with the shipping, I • finally
recieved my very own autographed copy for free. The book is massive, and • it
is absolutely full of great ideas and technical information. It took me a
while to just skim through all of the chapters. I was really surprised • when
I saw a paragraph about rtlToronto at the end of one of the chapters. In
discussing Lego robotics competition, Mario and Giulio mention us as 'a • very
active Lego robotics group in the Toronto area' And he describes our • latest
event, the monkey bars! Its amazing to read about an event in a book that
you went to only a few months ago... So there you are. We are famous!
Rob