 Robotics / 17248
Re: We're Famous!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 05:35:28 GMT

Hi,

You all are making me jealous.

Here in South Africa we don't have BrickFests or anything like that...
...*sulk*... ...I wonder if I can get a job overseas... ...hehehehehehe

On Friday 08 February 2002 01:28, Matthew Gerber wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
Hi everyone,
A while ago I got an email from Mario Ferrari saying that he had mentioned
my site in his new book, Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms. As if this
wasn't enough, he also said the publisher would like to send me a free
copy. Boy was I happy! Well, after some difficulties with the shipping, I
finally recieved my very own autographed copy for free. The book is
massive, and it is absolutely full of great ideas and technical
information. It took me a while to just skim through all of the chapters.
I was really surprised when I saw a paragraph about rtlToronto at the end
of one of the chapters. In discussing Lego robotics competition, Mario
and Giulio mention us as 'a very active Lego robotics group in the
Toronto area' And he describes our latest event, the monkey bars! Its
amazing to read about an event in a book that you went to only a few
months ago... So there you are. We are famous!

Just to interject something cool here, you all will be even more famous
after BricksWest!

By special arrangement with the publisher, I'll have copies of "Building
Robots with LEGO Mindstorms" for sale at BricksWest (at 45% off the
standard price of $29.95; that's just $16.50 each).

Syngress (the publisher) has also donated 5 copies of the book to be given
away as prizes during the event. Way cool!

So that's a whole bunch more folks who will get to see your names in print!

Matt

(Who's done hijacking this thread for his shameless event
promotion...though I do think you all will be just that much more famous!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled LUGNETting!)