 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3531
3530  |  3532
Subject:
Station to Station: Interesting train book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:01:00 GMT

Hey folks,

For those of you into trains, Phaidon Press has an excellent book called
"Station to Station" by Steven Parissien (1997, softcover reprint is 2001).
It's basically an architectural history of train stations, from the 1800's
all the way into current designs for the Chunnel termini.  There's a lot of
nice photos, plus a lot of historical fact and design critique as well:

http://chapters.indigo.ca/item.asp?Catalog=Books&Section=Books&Cat=&Lang=en&Item=978071483467

https://www.phaidon.com/default.asp (under Architecture/General)

I found it at Indigo in Eaton Center a month ago, and it was only $38.
Design books usually are a lot more expensive!  I haven't finished reading
it completely (I've examined all the photos but haven't read much past the
first chapter due to other reading commitments) but it is really quite
beautiful and very useful as a design sourcebook for getting ideas for Lego
building.  Anyways, highly recommended.  I'll try and remember to bring it
to the rtlToronto dinner this Friday.

Calum