 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3484
3483  |  3485
Subject:
question for Richard re:brickwarz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 04:44:12 GMT

I like posting especially, having to do with brickwarz related questions...

I was thinking this evening putting back together my soccer bus, about all
the "generic" soccer players from the soccer theme, and thought in light
of the rules for Brickwars....

www.brickwarz.com??? (I think)

and thought that they could very well make good "slaves" pulling the
catapults into battle.  I plan on having 5 catapults ready for action...
the "slaves" would do well, or else a simple designed harnes with a pair
of horses.....

there are a couple with "timmy" faces...

which brings me to my other question....

if I have a couple soccer players with "timmy" faces....do they "suffer"
from the effects of "timmy-syndrome" on the field of battle.

I read the basic rules (and still need to make a hard copy to finalize a
strategy....)

Ben

ps....(to richard, sorry)I am very shocked to see the auctions on e-bay* for
the knights kingdom castles on it...that is absolutely insane....prices going
well over $100 US just for the set (mostly open, and possibly missing pieces)
the MISB's go for over $150.

I could see spending this kind of money on a used metroliner (before summer
2001), but not on a "3rd Grade" style Lego Castle.  I really want this castle
because, I'll have all the sets for the King Leo's side....

Its a shame its no longer available (from Shop @ Home....maybe Lego will put
it out back on availabiltiy, or bring the King's Castle or Yellow Castle as
one of its next Legend sets....

let us hope...

or I could always design my own style Leo's castle with the castle expansion
parts, my existing knights kingdom parts, and maybe a random set or two
here and there....
hmmmmm.....sounds like another project on the horizon!!!!!!!!

* - e-bay is evil for its pursuits of Brickbay.......and Dave has a valid
point about HBC being around before E-bay, and having ultimate intellectual
rights....

sorry for the length of the ps... :)

pps - notice that most of my current projects are involving castle stuff....
hmmm....that is an alarming trend.  I don't see myself buying too many train
items in the next little while, and apart from the latest "win" of the RIS
1.0 (off e-bay**), I don't see myself spending a lot of money on robotic/
technic items.....although I might change my mind, if someone is kind
enough to give me the phone number to request the spectrum catalogue....
or perhaps has an extra one.