 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3558
Re: Entries for rtlToronto10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 02:36:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Phil Schilling writes:
Count me in!
Im having a few problems but I think I will sort it out by then.
I only have one week left to finish it because I'm going to Brickwest.
Anybody else going from rtl>?

Sweet!  A nice round even number.  FYI, we're finalized on the rule changes.
Apart from some little things (like how we figure a robot is done, either by
sound or owner calling out) it's more or less finished up.

I don't think anyone is going to BricksWest, but a bunch of us might go to
BrickFest.  The problem with BricksWest/Fest is that there isn't as much of
a Technic/Mindstorms contingent out there, so it's hard to justify the
expense of going.  Then of course, the MonLUG and ParLUGment guys will drive
six hours to get out to us (and we've done the drive out to Montreal too)
so... :)

Calum

mmm...well there is going to be junkyard wars in BrickWest, and I'm pretty
sure they do have some (maybe one or two) good robotic "workshops" at
Brickfest.

I think people mainly go to meet other enthusiasts from around the world.
The train layouts, are pretty nice, and from what I hear, BrickWest should
have a real killer layout thanks to PNWLTC, BayLug/Bay LTC, and LEGOLA
(and I'm sure others - GMLTC and Lar ++??).

To the robotics enthusiasts in our group, it propably wouldn't be that
enjoyable to see, say Evil Stevie's Pirate Game, or CastleWorld, or a
massive-scale brickwars game.... but there is a trading area, and displays....
heck, maybe we can bring a "small amount of items" to display for them....
(maybe not, but who knows...)

Ben