 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3537
Re: 8466
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:29:31 GMT

So I finished building it on the weekend and let me just say it *almost* was
as much fun as the Space Shuttle.

The amount of 'air' inside the model is something I dislike--having the
engine just 'hang there' in the open like that bothers my sense of solid
structures or something...

the first few supercars had alot more real technic beams and such holding
everything together--doing almost everything now with lift arms and such is
a little annoying.

But beyond that gripe, I'm so happy with it.  I also added the pneumatic
crane on the back (for i have 3 pnu paks) and that's fun, too!

I'm going to a concert in Toronto on Friday. I will definitly try to stop by
before, though, just to say hi.

Stay safe all.

BTW, I'm picking up an RIS 2.0 set today so I'll get the USB tower so no
excuses from me for the competition.

Let the taunting continue!

Dave

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
is verrrrry nice.

I'm definitly going to order another... but it'll have to wait for my budget
this year is only 100 bucks a month for LEGO and I already went over in
January buying this one (as well as a HP set and the RIS 2.0 cd's)

But I'm going to have a great time putting it together.

More than that... Iain throws his hat into the forray with his poor attempt
at trash talk.

I believe that the Runamok 'bots have a pretty good record thus far and why
would I want to ruin a good thing?

I'm thinking about caving and buying yet another RIS set, just for the USB
connection (as well as another RCX, 2 motors 800+ pcs, etc)
(or buy a USB to Legacy mini-port-replicator for 150, whatever)

So that'll clear my budget to June.

I called the Sears Clearance center in Brampton and they said the RIS is
gone :(  So I'll have to buy new at cost, unless one of my fine friends out
there in the GTA finds a bar-goon anywhere for an RIS 2.0.

Anywho, that's my LEGO tales for today.

Dave