 Off-Topic / Debate / 9108
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:55:37 GMT

...but I
concede that it is possible that a malicious god could have set things up
(faked the data) to make macroevolution seem likely while actually having
done things completely differently.

Highly unlikely, but possible. Any god who would do that to his creations
isn't worthy of my worship, but I digress.

I have to admit, I find this a rather curious point. I know of no religion
where there god must prove its/his/her self worthy of  the worship of the
individual. Further, I believe that if an entity, whatever it is, were able
to create the whole substance of my reality without me knowing  - I think it
would also command my respect.

In short, if god does exist, we exist because it/she/he does – not in spite
of his/her/its existence. Is that an irrefutable point?

Scott A