 Off-Topic / Debate / 9107
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:05:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Let's stick to the creationist refutation of speciation and macroevolution,
it at least has the potential for not being quite as plowed ground.

Thank you for eventually saying this.

Why? So you could avoid this point?

"If you fault my system for not explaining the origin of the universe, why
then, I fault yours for not explaining the origin of your god. No better no
worse, explanation wise. A draw."

I'd rather see you tackle that point than repeatedly posting these
references to fire/brimstone/junk science that are easily debunked (to
critical thinkers, but not to those who lack an elementary grasp of the
definitions of science, theory, observation, etc. such as yourself), and
have been, repeatedly, here.

But I have to admit I'm baffled. Christians who defend literal creationism
as scientifically plausible (more probable than alternative explanations)
seem to be in a small minority. Members of splinter sects, even. Most
christians instead say that god, creation, and everything are fundamentally
unexplainable and that we should take things on faith.

Why do you claim literal creationism is the best explanation? It is so
easily shredded. (to critical thinkers, but not to those who lack an
elementary grasp of the definitions of science, theory, observation, etc.
such as yourself).
You even have christians arguing against you! Why believe in a fantasy
world? Are you luddite? What?

I just don't get it.

++Lar