 Off-Topic / Debate / 9051
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:53:22 GMT

Dave Low wrote:

What Larry meant was because Creationism explains everything, it really
explains nothing. "Tigers look like lions" -- God's plan; "Dinosaurs don't
graze on grassy plains all over the world any more" -- God's plan; "Plant
chlorophyll has DNA like some bacteria that photosynthesise for themselves"
-- God's plan. It's good to know it's God's plan, but it doesn't tell us
anything more than that. There are biological questions we don't know the
answer to (because we aren't God), but we can better understand the work of
God by being open to the way the universe actually works. We can't properly
glory in the Creation if we restrict ourselves to the limited scientific
understanding of three thousand years ago, as recorded in Genesis.

Before you assume that I am going to answer a question by simply stating
"God's Plan" (which I agree is a cop-out if used as a response to every
question), why don't you ask one.

I will say, however, that you may insert "God's Plan" in front of any
response I give because I believe that it is.

Show me any piece of scientific evidence you wish that shows how the
Biblical Creation record in Genesis 1 and 2 is flawed.

You continue to say things like:

"we can better understand the work of God by being open to the way the
universe actually works."

What is it about the way the Universe works (scientifically, not
philisophically) that doesn't support the plain and simple record of how
God created it.

--
-TiM
NB, CA