 Off-Topic / Debate / 8939
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:39:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

I believe that when I present scientific evidence I'm arguing scientifically.
If I don't, then I'm not. That simple.

Anything else is philosphical. (by my definition)

This is why I'm trying so hard to get to starting definitions in the other
threads.

  Scientific argument isn't simply about presenting evidence; it also
entails analyzing that evidence in accordance with the scientific method.
This is a failure of that article you cited (in addition it its
idiosyncratic spelling and grammar).
  In addition, have you presented your own starting definitions?  I ask this
at face value, because you may have, and I may have missed it.

    Dave!