 Off-Topic / Debate / 8978
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:56:18 GMT

Taking points one at a time?
Indeed another difference between us mayap :)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
If you are indeed the creation - what right do you have to demand that?

Just to be picky, what's a right? :)

But honestly, what 'right' DO I have according to Biblical beliefs? Do I
have a 'right' to salvation? Do I have the 'right' to DEMAND the opportunity
for salvation from God, as the creation? Would God be WRONG to deny me such?
And if we have no such rights, then so what? Where does that leave us?

Biblically - no human has any rights.
Just like the laptop that doesn't work (sin), God's righteousness (no sin)
demands that we pay for our sin. The only sufficient payment is death.
Where that "leaves us" - is destined for eternal separation from God -
punishment (hell)- if we choose it.

But therin lies the fascinating thing about God - while He is perfectly
righteous, He's also perfectly loving.

He's solved our sin problem - and paid the price for our sins Himself, when we
couldn't.

That's the basic Biblical interpretation.
-Jon