 Off-Topic / Debate / 9363
9362  |  9364
Subject:
Was T-Rex a herbivourous animal?(was: Re: Why not Both?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 13:05:35 GMT

Just because an animal is
big doesn't mean it's scary mean and ferocious.

Just because a certain species of primates shows a significant enlargement of brain doesn't mean it always uses it:

There is in fact
evidence that shows Trex might not have been such blood-starved monster
anyhow.  Their legs and posture don't lend to very fast or agile
movement,

As long as they can match in speed with their victims it's no problem - or do you want to tell me that the giant sauropods were very
fast?

their teeth weren't rooted well for tearing apart animals,

Sauropsids generally don't have rooted teeth. So what? Are teeth of crocodiles rooted? No.
Do crocodiles feed on flowers?

Don't you realise the ridiculousness of your permanent attempt to weaken scientific evidence?

their front legs were tiny and weak, which doesn't lend itself gripping
things well.

Do crocodiles need to grip things well? Do wolves strangle deer?

Adult dinosaurs that are supposedly meat eaters have also
been found with extremely little teeth wear compared to what it should
be.

Do you have an authoritative source for these assumptions?  What kind of dinosaurs are you talking about?

These 20
scientists (and obviously, this is just a sampling) don't agree with
your infinite wisdom:

http://www.icr.org/creationscientists.html

If there's a hell they will burn in it for sure. This is my firm belief.

Arnold (who is tired of this useless discussion.....)