 Off-Topic / Debate / 8956
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:17:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
And let me just say you did an excellent job of discussing the matter. It's
all interpretive. The point of course being that I think you're leaning
towards literalism, and hence saying that evolution does NOT mesh with the
Bible, because you're interpreting the Bible as literal. Yes?

If I interpret the Bible literally, evolution does not mesh with it. Correct.

Do you in fact interpret the Bible literally?  All of it?  So we *are*
mustard seeds in fact and not in metaphor?  What about the contradictions;
do you interpret those literally, too?

If you want a debate on Biblical meanings and literal interpretations, perhaps
another thread would be appropriate.  Here I'm working from the question of
Genesis, evolution and origins.

Sorry, but I don't have more time than that.
-Jon