 Off-Topic / Debate / 9110
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 02:09:04 GMT

But I have to admit I'm baffled. Christians who defend literal creationism
as scientifically plausible (more probable than alternative explanations)
seem to be in a small minority. Members of splinter sects, even.

Something else I find interesting is that literal creationism also seems to
be almost solely the preserve of inhabitants of the US, at least from where
I'm standing. The only person I've ever come across in person in the UK who
professed a belief in creationism was in fact a Wiccan.

In saying that, there does appear to be a relatively higher incidence of
religious fanatacism in the US than here, with many Christians in the UK
viewing the manner in which religion is apparently presented in the US with
distaste. This, however, could simply be a skewed UK perspective, with us
only getting to hear the emptiest vessels making the loudest noise.

Jennifer Clark