 Off-Topic / Debate / 9066
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:31:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

Science admidts to progressively understand things, and when new
evidence is presented it changes it's theory on that matter.  Supposed
disagreements are only due to a lack of data on science's part.  The Bible,
however, does not claim to re-interpret itself.  It's the "God is infinite"
point again - He doesn't need to since He was accurate in the first place.

Here you've spelled out very nicely why science is not a religion, and
religion is not a science.  Thank you.

Ok, just to be persnickity, I'll jump in quickly and say religion MAY be
science, but has not shown itself to be in the past.

Is that Odin?  Brahma?  Zoroaster?  Allah?  Yahweh?  Who?  And why? This
question has been asked countless times, and no one here (or anywhere,
really) has answered it. Once again, as in previous threads, you're throwing
around the "blind" insult in an apparent attempt to browbeat the heathen
into acceptance.

I'll second that question-- why pick the Bible? Why pick Jesus? Why pick
your (Jon's) particular sect of Christianity? I'm going to argue that you
(Jon) pride yourself on your ability to judge correctly in the matter, and
unless you're willing to admit that you MAY be wrong, I won't let you get
away very easily.

I believe, given my time limits, it's far easier to adopt Tim's methodology -
cite a concise preexisting answer.

Why is Christianity supreme? - Why is it different?
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-r003.html

-Jon