 Off-Topic / Debate / 8952
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:05:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

But let's assume you don't want to take it that far. Let's assume that you
simply are saying that that which is in the Bible is there without dispute,
and that we may or may not be able to understand (through science) the facts
that are therein. Ok, why would God do that? What's the difference between
disclosing those facts, and disclosing other facts? How about hiding those
facts? But you still have the recourse of saying "We might never know, but
there IS a reason." I.E. God works in mysterious ways, yes? Well, sorry, I
just don't buy that. And that's where we're forced to stop debating if
that's where you want to go, because it's merely a point at which we can
only agree to disagree. Unless you think we can take it deeper, which I'd
love to do.

Anyway, your thoughts?

I suppose we stop the debate, since I will say - that is what I'm saying -
sorta.
The literal interpretation says that God is the creator.  Does the computer
understand why it is programmed the way it is?  Even if the software writer
told it, would it then even understand?  God's thoughts are farther above ours
than we are above my laptop's.

I should ask, though-
Why don't you buy it?

Do you have to have a God who tells all and explains all to your satisfaction?
If you are indeed the creation - what right do you have to demand that?

Or another way - If I 'make' my laptop and it doesn't work right - why
shouldn't it end up on a slag heap - would I even give it a second thought?
But even despite that, God finds us (the broken laptop) worthy of saving from
that trash bin - and all this laptop can say is 'wow!.'

Usually this is rejected out of pride, or fear, or some bad experiences...
Honestly - which are you?

-Jon