 Off-Topic / Debate / 9077
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:32:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:
James Brown wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:
Ok, I don't believe in YOUR version of God. Am I off the hook? Will you
let me go around saying that I'm not wrong to say so? Will you go around
saying that I AM wrong to say so or that I'm ONLY right to agree with
you? If you'll allow for yourself to be wrong, just as I allow for my
own error, then fine, I don't have any further quarrel with you.

It's not whether I think you're right or wrong, it's whether the Bible
says you're right or wrong - in which case it is clear that your
unbelief is wrong.

So, in other words, you refuse to admit that you might be wrong.

No, I certainly might be wrong.  I refuse to admit that the Bible might
be wrong.

Wow. You really ARE missing the point. One last chance, and that's all.

You claim that the Bible is right.
You admit that you may be wrong.
Therefore, the Bible may be wrong.

And quite frankly, I don't care if you think the Bible is right. I also
think it may be right. But I admit that I don't know (and even that I think
it's wrong), and therefore it MAY indeed be right.

- If you HONESTLY think that the Bible CANNOT be wrong, you are either wrong
for thinking so, OR, you have some reason that you have not shared with us
for thinking that. What reason is there that the Bible CANNOT be wrong. And
none of this "Because it's God's word" argument. I'll quickly refute that by
saying:
1. How do you know it's God's word?
2. How do you know that God's word isn't wrong?
In other words, it's the SAME question, only the subject has changed. WHY do
you believe that the Bible is right?

DaveE