 Off-Topic / Debate / 9078
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:06:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

"Abiogenesis" is not taught in schools as "abiogenesis" - it's called
'evolution' too.

Well, we did indeed go to different schools, so at least in this case we can
both be right :-)

And my other comment still applies - they're all intertwined
- one cannot exist without the other.  If one claims that simple life forms
evolved into higher orders (macro-evolution) on our planet - the traditional
explanation includes abiogenesis as well as cosmological origins.

What can I say? In my experience this has not been the case, and I have yet
to hear any sufficient explanation of why all these things are linked.

One could play it for laughs and say that my lego collection and the
universe are linked, in that the universe must exist for my lego collection
to exist. This does not, however, imply that my lego collection must exist
for the universe to exist, or that what I build with it has a significant
effect on the universe :-)

The same goes for Darwinian evolution and the universe - there was indeed a
time when the latter existed and the former did not.

Jennifer Clark