 Off-Topic / Debate / 8973
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:13:34 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

  Yes, thank you Tim, since you answered a question that Jon has ducked
through dozens of posts in several debates and threads thereof.
  And thank you for providing some references, so that those of us who
support evolution are at last able to address some of the foundation points
of creationist belief, rather than quibbling with a single debater about
minutiae.
  Finally, before anyone sets out at refuting the claims made by your
references, it should be pointed out yet again that "Creation Science" is
not science, for reasons that Jon the Physicist refuses to accept but which
nonetheless remain true.

     Dave!

Again I apologize if I'm re-hashing what has already been discussed due
to my not following these discussions from the beginning but I assume by
saying that (and I do agree with that statement) I can also state with
the same implications that "Evolution" (in terms of the origins of earth
and all living things) is also NOT science, but rather a theory.  If you
DO in fact disagree with this please please please hurry back to my
previously cited website http://www.drdino.com and collect your $250,
000 (that's a heck of a lot of LEGO!).

Evolution is positively anti-science. Science deals with things that
                  are testable, observable, and demonstrable and
evolution has
                  none of those qualities. To call evolution "science"
Is to confuse
                  fairy tales with facts. True, evolution has been mixed
with science
                  for the last thirty years, but that does not mean that
it is the same as
                  science. Beer is often advertised during sporting
events but the two
                  subjects have no logical connection, and evolution has
no more to
                  do with science than beer has to do with sports."

/Unquote (FROM http://www.drdino.com/Articles/Article6.jsp)

--
-TiM
NB, CA