 Off-Topic / Debate / 8897
Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

I agree.  There is virtually no debate in science on whether there is
evolution (including macro-evolution).  The particulars, yes.

Bruce

Hardly - but that shows you just how easliy you've bought into the theory.
If my statement isn't sufficient for you, please write one, and I'll
address
it.  Please be concise.

-Jon

You keep making these claims, but I have seen no evidence of such (debate
within science on if evolution happens).  You are welcome to submit such
(gotta be accredited scientists in scientific journals - spare me the
religious crackpots).  You, for example, might credibly argue that evolution
violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics (a popular argument amongst
creationists), since you are a physicist (but be careful, I'm surrounded by
Cal Tech and MIT grads with doctorates in physics).  Get it published and
let's see what the scientific world does with it.

Bruce

I don't for an instant imagine that you won't attack what I say, but that's
not
the point with my opening post.  Nor have I attempted to cite any evidence
yet
one way or the other.

All I'm trying to do is state the tenants of macro evolution as it applies to
the fossil record.  If you don't like my summary of it, then please submit
your
own and we can go from there.

Stick to the subject please.

-Jon

In other words, you can't back up your claims.  You only want to stick to the
subject if you get the last word ("Hardly - which wasn't on topic, but I
wanted
to have a zinger without a rejoinder").  Don't lecture me on what you can't do
yourself.  If you had said my comment originl comment was off-topic without a
rejoinder, you might have had a leg to stand on.

No Bruce - give me a break - if you can't establish the basis for a discussion
there is no discussion.

I'll be glad to backup my claims when I make them.
For the 4th time -
Do you accept my statements as descriptive of the key questions of the fossil
record as it relates to macro evolution?

If you don't, concisely write your own.
-Jon