 Off-Topic / Debate / 8892
Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:25:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

In my opinion debating the existence of evolution is akin to debating the
existence of gravity. It does exist. How it works is the real question and
the question Darwin was answering in his theory.

I agree.  There is virtually no debate in science on whether there is
evolution (including macro-evolution).  The particulars, yes.

Hardly - but that shows you just how easliy you've bought into the theory.
If my statement isn't sufficient for you, please write one, and I'll address
it.  Please be concise.

  Jon:
  You've repeatedly mentioned leading scientists and overwhelming numbers to
defend your case against evolution without giving actual names or numbers.
For the umpteenth time, can you provide any actual names or numbers, other
than those gleaned from that single misleading web-article you cited?  Can
you, for instance, point to any studies within the legitimate scientific
community (by which I mean people who pursue science as a means of
understanding, as opposed to proponents of Creation Science, which is a
misnomer) or any non-virtual articles using science to discredit evolution
(the process, not the theory).
  Further, Bruce hasn't "bought into" the theory; he has given the matter,
judging from his posts and from correspondence, appropriate critical thought
and formed his conclusions.  This is not, I should add, the "final"
conclusion impervious to future modification. Rather, it is logically the
best conclusion based on the staggeringly overwhelming evidence in support
of evolution.
  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give one or, preferably, a few citations other than
The Bible or your single Web-Article to support your claim.

     Dave!