 Off-Topic / Debate / 9000
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:51:23 GMT

Tim Culberson wrote:
<snipped>
I can also state with the same implications that "Evolution" (in terms of the
origins of earth  and all living things) is also NOT science, but rather a theory.

???  I sure hope your mistaken about the relationship between science and theory.  You see, I teach two intro science labs today where I plan to
discuss the scientific method, including how hypothesis testing leads to the formation of a theory.  I don't have time to redo my lesson plans... :)

from www.m-w.com
theory- a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of
        principles offered to explain phenomena <wave theory of light>

                Evolution is positively anti-science. Science deals with things that
                  are testable, observable, and demonstrable and
evolution has
                  none of those qualities. To call evolution "science"
Is to confuse
                  fairy tales with facts. True, evolution has been mixed
with science
                  for the last thirty years, but that does not mean that
it is the same as
                  science. Beer is often advertised during sporting
events but the two
                  subjects have no logical connection, and evolution has
no more to
                  do with science than beer has to do with sports."

/Unquote               (FROM http://www.drdino.com/Articles/Article6.jsp)

Evolution is testable.  I'm currently designing a project that tests a small facet of evolutionary processes for my thesis right now.  I can explain
it if you would like.

Could you possibly explain why dr. dino does not believe evolution is testable?

-Chris