 Off-Topic / Debate / 8889
Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jonathan Lill writes:

2) Does the fossil record support macro-evolution as a mechanism - survival • of
the fittest, a life-form progression producing creatures better fit to
survive?

Yes

I thought that the fossil record does not show any evidence of survival of
the fittest. It is my understanding that the fossil record does show ample
evidence of evolution per se, but gives no reason why. "Survival of the
fittest" is a catch phrase from Darwin's theory of natural selection
explaining the evidence of evolution people were finding in fossils.

In my opinion debating the existence of evolution is akin to debating the
existence of gravity. It does exist. How it works is the real question and
the question Darwin was answering in his theory.

Ok, so you're saying it can't be debated? You think evolution is a fact?
If you don't like my #2, please restate it in the form you like better.

After everyone agrees on the form of the question - I'll then address it as the
unsupportable theory I believe it to be. Some how I doubt that everyone will
even be able to agree on what it's all about - but perhaps a concensus will
suffice.

Remember - this thread is addressing the fossil record.

-Jon