 Off-Topic / Debate / 9056
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:

What I am trying to say is that those who claim that the Creationist
theory is impossible based on current scientific evidence are wrong.

If this is all you want, no problem. I concede that the creationist beliefs
(as they relate to macroevolution) are not impossible. They are highly
unlikely, unverifiable, and unsupported by the available observations, but I
concede that it is possible that a malicious god could have set things up
(faked the data) to make macroevolution seem likely while actually having
done things completely differently.

And I have repeatedly asked you to provide an example showing their
unlikeliness and telling me at least one or two available observations
that don't support it.  (Notice that I left out "Unverifiable" since the
claims of Evolution are also unverifiable)

Carbon dating.
Speed of light. (More specifically, observed doppler shift as pertains to
stars (and other astronomical bodies), indicating direction, speed of travel
& distance.)

Two well established scientific processes, both of which indicate that
periods of time have passed in excess of the theorized age of the universe
according to Creationist theory.

James