 Off-Topic / Debate / 9099
Re: Credibility... (Was: Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!"))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:08:28 GMT

David Eaton wrote:
Actually you're totally right. I admit I had never heard of credit 'hours'
until the day after I posted, at which point I asked someone if they were
indeed what I thought they were, since 60 credit hours seemed trivially
insignificant. And on that note, I'll just go FURTHER off topic and say who
came up with such a dumb way of denoting credit? Why call them "credits"
instead of "credit *hours*" if they have nothing to do with the actual hours
you spent? Anyway, suffice to say from hearing my friends assumption about
credit hours, it sounds like 60 credit hours is about 20-30 courses, which
is about 2 or 3 years worth-- a much more significant chunk than I had
thought previously. So, I withdraw my previous conclusion :)

Well, "credit hours" made a certain amount of sense at Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute where I attended. A 3 credit hour class (which was
an "average" class) had 3 hours of lecture per week (courses with labs
didn't reflect the lab time in the credit hours, courses split into a
large lecture session and a smaller session [where homework was reviewed
and quizzes taken] counted the hours of both sessions - these were
usually 4 credit hour classes, 2 hours of lecture per week and 2 hours
of smaller class]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com